The best drugstore foundation for oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my skin type: OILY as heck acne prone acne scared and sensitive

ok soo to start off with i have tried the revlon colorstay and it didnt brake me out it caused me ALLERGIES :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so anyways since summer is coming i want something oil- controlling and that it doesnt transfer i want this summer to be awesome since its my last summer before college :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i dont want to be worrying about looking oily and bumping into someone, and there goes half of my face

whats the best of drugstore primer, foundation and powder?

before i used to always want a full coverage face,  but suddenly it came to me why, i mean my acne scars will still be there, and when my friends see me i dont wanna look like a fake, anyways i would like it to be mediumsh coverage with a MATTE NATURAL finish thats not going to come off my face in an hr :/

i was thinking of getting the Loreal naturale mineral makeup, but i still would like a primer and something  underneath it

people have suggested a concealer, but the thing is that my two cheeks are covered with deep red-ish acne scars :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so its the same thing as just wearing a foundation/TM

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I really like Revlon Colorstay. My friend has super oily skin and she uses the one for Combo/Oily skin and it makes her look absolutely AMAZING:) hope this helps:) 

P.S. It is $10 at some places and I've seen it for $6 at some places.

The Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation is supposedly good. I haven't personally tried it, but it's a fav of some popular YouTube Gurus. I'm also hearing good things about the L'Oreal Souffle foundation, but again, haven't personally tried it. You can always check out the review section here on MakeupTalk to get a better idea of what may/may not work for your skin type. Good luck!

Would you all please stop praising Colorstay so much??? I can't get it anywhere loooool XD Everywhere I look online people praise this elusive foundation! heh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have really oily skin, and I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Bare Minerals Matte powder. For drugstore makeup, I'd say Maybelline Mineral Power.

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would you all please stop praising Colorstay so much??? I can't get it anywhere loooool XD Everywhere I look online people praise this elusive foundation! heh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's so weird! Colorstay is EVERYWHERE! We keep mentioning it cuz its not only good and affordable, its easy to find.

Where do you live?

well the problem is that the last time i used colorstay ir gave me allergies :l

i want to try it but im afraid it will break me out, its good but im scared and right now i have like 5 systics pimples dont need anymore, well ima let me skin breath first but still

I use the maybelline one and I love it.  Try using a primer too that will help with the oil and shine throughout the day.    A setting spray will also do wonders.  I use the Elf one.

I hear l'oreal visible lift is really good. It something i want to try. I'm using colorstay but its not great on my dry skin, makes it look cakey.

No the Elf setting spray I use Palladio Primer on my face.   When I used to use CS I set it Sally Hansen translucent powder.   I haven't used liquid in years though.

ok i don't know about any foundations but a cheap primer is Milk of Magnesia you can find it at any dollar store. It's made for soaking oils up in your stomach but it works like magic on your face to so try it.

Originally Posted by melimoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well the problem is that the last time i used colorstay ir gave me allergies :l

i want to try it but im afraid it will break me out, its good but im scared and right now i have like 5 systics pimples dont need anymore, well ima let me skin breath first but still

I was beginning to wonder if anyone bothered to read your post. Seems like they just read the title. You said that Colorstay caused an allergic reaction and everyone is jumping in to tell you to try...Colorstay. D'oh!

The Rimmel Matte one isn't half bad. I use that in the summer when I'm really a grease ball. I've also used the Milk of Magnesia. Just get the unflavored one unless you want to smell like mint or cherry all day. lol You have to be careful to shake the bottle and spread it real thin or else you'll get white streaks on your face. So wait for it to dry before you put on foundation to check for that. If you do have white streaks, or spots, then just rewet and spread it out some more.

Another thing you might look for is a color corrector/powder/concealer in green to help hide the redness from the acne scars. I'm pretty sure that L'Oreal makes one, and Physician's Formula makes a couple of them. It sounds weird but green cancels out red.

Oh and about the Milk of Magnesia, get it at the dollar store. It's the same as Phillips Milk of Magnesia but why pay the higher drugstore price when you can get it for a buck at Dollar Tree?

Latest posts

Back