Sign in to follow this  
melimoe

The best drugstore foundation for oily skin

Originally Posted by melimoe View Post

well the problem is that the last time i used colorstay ir gave me allergies :l

i want to try it but im afraid it will break me out, its good but im scared and right now i have like 5 systics pimples dont need anymore, well ima let me skin breath first but still

Was it the scent in the product that caused allergies, or just something in the product?

I'm only asking because when I tried colorstay the fragrance made me nauseous the whole day. If it is due to the Fragrance, try the colorstay whipped (In the glass jar), its pretty much the same, nice coverage, great on oily skin, and scent free!

Drugstore wise, Id also suggest Rimmel Matte powder over the Rimmel long lasting foundation, Or Bourjois has a nice mineral matte foundation as well http://www.bourjois.ca/index.cfm?cm=QCCFranchise&ce=details&primaryKey=1&categoryID=0&productID=21

Another vote for Revlon Colorstay :)

A tip i did hear for oily skin was to use milk of magnesia.  Just the basic non-flavoured variety!  Because its very chalky if you apply some over your oily areas - only a tiny bit and rub in it - not like turning your face bright chalk white, but to go underneath your foundation, it really helps control the shine.

Clarins everlasting foundation or bare minerals. If you have allergies, I say try the bare minerals matte foundation. Its a powder and gives a super smooth matte finish and it even has a SPF. Impressive :D

I have been useing the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 and it has done a wonderful job for me. The only place i cant get it to cover is my nose. I think I will try the M O M around my nose.

I actually don't love the colorstay. I have somewhat oily skin. Now I use MAC powder foundation and also bare minerals. No liquid foundation. That's what works best for me at least :)

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for a cream based foundation. CoverGirl CG Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for a cream-to-powder based foundation. L'Oreal True Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for powder based foundation.

My skin gets shiny really fast, and what I've found to work best for me is L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation topped with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. That's a relatively full-coverage combo, though, so it's not great for a sheer look.

I just finished a bottle of the Max Factor 3 in 1, which I think is the same thing as Covergirl 3 in 1 because they are the same company (but I'm in Germany right now and we don't get Covergirl here), and I really liked it. I have combination to oily skin, and I used every last drop of it even though it wasn't even a great color match for me and I had to adjust it a bit with a lighter powder. But it lasts all day, looks great for hours! I applied mine with a beauty blender and found it to be really good coverage.