Oily Skin and Liquid Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paula Begoun, or the Cosmetics Cop, says that people with oily skin should avoid tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation. Do any of you oily skin ladies agree with this? She says the emollients in each emphasize the tiniest amount of oil. I have oily skin and I don't really like any other types of foundations because they tend to cake on me..

I don't think that's true.  You just have to find one that works with your skin.  My skin is pretty oily and I wear TM almost everyday

Agreed - each company formulates their products differently.  To say that they ALL do this "one" thing is pretty blatant statement.  Each person is different and reacts differently to different chemical compounds - facial wash, toners, foundations, etc.  So, who made her the cosmetics cop?

I have oily skin - very oily and prone to break outs and all that jazz - no matter what I use - the results are different.  Im in my 30's and still havent found the perfect product - but to be honest - I havent tried them all either.

My skin is equally oily either with liquid foundation or mineral powder foundation so the only thing I'm concerned with is coverage and if it breaks me out or not....I'm not sure about the staying power of tinted moisturizer on oily skin...i think it would evaporate from my skin in 30 minutes.

I was just reading something on Total Beauty that said if your skin gets oily in the summer you should ditch your liquid foundation for a tinted moisturizer.  I don't think beauty advisers will ever agree.  It makes consumers buy lots of different products!

I think it would be interesting to read ingredient lists on the products you find  get you oily, and search for other products that don't contain those ingredients. Kind of like an ingredient-comparing type of thing. 

I have combination skin, my T zone gets oily and the rest of my face is normal. What I tend to do is use powder foundation when it's hot out to try and avoid my T zone getting as oily, but regardless if I wear liquid foundation or powder in whatever season my T zone gets oily. The only thing I am worried about is my foundation looking good, not sliding off my face, and not breaking me out. Since everybody skin is different you have to try products and see what is best for your face.

Back