Playing around w/my makeup and camera

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to Laura and Janelle, I am able to post some pictures. Woo Hoo!

I was watching QVC because Bare Escentuals had a 2 hour show and I got inspired to do my makeup.

After looking at Kevyn Aucoin Making Faces, I decided to try to dupe one of the looks in there. I chose the glamorous face shown on page 59 of Masako.

This is my interpretation of that look. Please be kind as I am not my any means KA (I wish!) or as beautiful as Masako (I wish!!) and I am having a hard time taking pictures of myself with this camera. Maybe there are more helpful hints posted here somewhere.

Alright here goes! Oh, sorry about the hair...eek!

There is a tips thread HERE Karrie for taking good pics! Have you checked that out? Although the pics you just took came out great! You've got beautiful features. The red lipstick is lovely on you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you did a wonderful job.. :clap :clap :clap

Especially if the picture I attached is the pic you were going for

Thanks Laura, you are such a sweetheart! :icon_love

I'm going to check out those tips because this could get addicting. hehehe

And thank you for the complements. Means a lot coming from a beauty like you.

Oh, and I never wear red lipstick!

Really? Oh you should.. it really suits you. I however could never pull it off!

I don't believe that for a second. I think it's just about finding the right red. The one i am wearing here is Lancome Cherries Jubilee. The picture shows a more orange tinge to it but really it's cooler. A blue red.

wow, I love love love it!!!! red lips look so "natural" on you...it´s not over the top or anything, you could have been born with red lips!!!

love your lashes too!

you gotta keep on posting pics, karrie ann!!!! :icon_bigg

I could never pull off red lips!! Looks awesome on you.

P.S. I'm luving that nose ring girlie, its sexayy!

I think that's a great interpretation of the picture! And your skin and lips look just beautiful...

That is an awesome look! Your skin is so pretty, and you wear red lips so well! I feel a bit goofy with red lips, but they look really good on you, not over the top!:clap

you're one of the few women who look abolutely gorgeous in a red ls!!

i just love how look is simple,antural and sexy in the same time ^^

so now we all know that u could take good pictures, post more ^^

Look at that sexy momma!! You look amazing!! WTG Karrie!! I am really loving your nose stud...it looks perfect on you!

Karrie , there's nothing I can say that the girls havent already mentioned, but I just can't resist echoing the fact that you look stunning in red l/S. is your skin tone cool? I would like to try red l/S but dont know if I should go for cool or warm? my skin is warm but beauty mags are always saying girls with olive skin should wear blue based reds .

Looks great! I too was watching the QVC special on Bare Minerals. They do have some interesting items that I may try.

Back