Any websites similar to Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really love Birchbox and would to get another monthly makeup subscription but I don't know if any other websites do this. Can anyone give any recommendations? Are there any other website like it?

I LOVE Loose Button!
heart.gif

The only other one I subscribe to is the Test Tube, like Zadi said breaks down to about $13 a month. But you get 9-10 delux samples AND a magazine.

Join Glymm.com!  A friend in fashion got their press release last week and they are only 10$ / month and launching soon!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kimberly-Ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Join Glymm.com!  A friend in fashion got their press release last week and they are only 10$ / month and launching soon!
smile.gif
The site says it's launching in Spring 2011 but here it is Summer. Hmm... odd.

She also posted it at another beauty talk site and it was her only post there as well. Same profile picture. Maybe she's actually the owner of the site, no idea but I did notice the Glymm site is still "coming soon" while the Facebook people posted how they loved their boxes. From what I've gathered people have been asking when they'll be launching and the replies are always "soon" and "within a week". Someone asked if they can pay via Paypal and instead of getting a straightforward "yes" or "no" the reply was, "Our customer service team will be contacting you today to explain the process :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Stay tuned!". Guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.facebook.com/GlymmGirl

I have subbed to Loose Button and LOVE it! i am still waiting to hear about receiving a box from Glymm.com

Eco-Emi is similar, it's $15/month and the products are either all-natural/organic/vegan/vegetarian/fair trade. Currently there's a waitlist to join.

I started a thread with a box opening video and review here

Someone just left a comment on my Beauty Tube blog post and mentioned they had just signed up for https://gogogirlfriend.com, which is another Birchbox type monthly service.

They seem pretty new. They also offer two plans, one at $6.99 per month and one at $12.99 per month. I think I'm gonna sign up and see how they compare to Birchbox.

EDIT: So I've been trying to figure out where they ship to but I don't see it anywhere on their website. Either I'm blind or it's not on there. But apparantly it's shipped within the US because I was just able to sign up. I chose the $12.99 per month plan because you get a free Tarte gloss as a bonus. And if I don't like the box, I won't cry over losing $12.99 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is the confirmation email they sent:

Hi Chelsey, and welcome to GoGoGirlfriend.com!!

We are so excited that you have joined our community. Please make sure and visit our members only home page for the latest updates on

- Member only giveaways
 - Your reward points
 - Review surveys you can complete to gain more reward points

When will you get your first free sample box? The first free box ships about 2 weeks after sign up. Then the free Girlfriend Sample Box ships monthly or every other month 9depending on your membership type) on or about the same date that you received the first free sample box.

Our boxes are shipped through USPS, and you will get an email with a tracking number, you can also check your member home page and see boxes shipped or in progress.

Don't forget to check out our GoGogirlfriend store - http://GoGogirlfriend.com/store - for fabulous deals and the special discounts you receive just for being a member. You also earn reward points for purchasing products and always Free Shipping.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about your membership, please contact us here:
http://GoGoGirlfriend.com/contact

Don't forget to check back to see the latest GoGoGirlfriend product reviews
and exciting new special offers.

Thanks!

GoGogirlfriend Team

I've been looking into it and am still on the fence about that one. I might try this in December if I'm not happy with my October and November Birchboxes. I said it before that I'll give BB six months and make my decision then.

i looked into gogo girlfriend (kind of a weird name.. idk. i always think of a gogo dancer when i read the name lol.. maybe i'm just a weirdo :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hahaha) and it does look promising. i also looked into test tube, and read that they seem to screw up their billing/shipping service... like, you get billed but don't actually receive the box in a timely fashion. of course, i don't know how true this is. something about new sites like that, especially when you can't find a whole lot of info, always make me.. suspicious.. or, maybe i should rather say careful.

of course $12.99 isn't that much, and if i don't like the products.. so be it. but i'm kind of scared to be scammed out of my money by not getting anything or something. it's not a lot, but it 13 bucks i could have spent on something else. you know what i mean? idk.

Back