Favorite Foundation for the more matured skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am caucasin, and soon will turn 60 years old. :icon_roll I am finding the Foundation that I previously used in my younger years, is not looking so great on my face, which of course, has smile lines and a few sun spots. :-(

I am hoping some of you ladies near my age have found a good Foundation that will work for me? However, I really don't want to spend more than $20!

Any and all help would be appreciated!:clap

Jo Ann in TEXAS

If I recall correctly Revlon has a anti-aging foundation that Susan Sarandon was a model for called Botafirm.

251210.jpg

Made that could be an option, but from my understands when you are older you should stick with powder or liquids as opposed to creams. Hope that helps.

QueLinda, thanks, for the post about the Revlon Foundation. I do think there are several out there for maturing skin. One can spend a forture just trying the different ones out. :icon_roll

I am hoping some of the more matured ladies who have tried some of these can tell me their FAVORITES. :icon_chee

JoAnn in TEXAS

Avon Beyond Color Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF 12 ($12)

Acids and botanicals improve cell turnover -- but it's the invisible-mesh technology that makes this skin brightener a true bargain.

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Foundation ($8)

Silk proteins, tightening caffeine extract, and optical diffusers (pigments that scatter light over the face) make this a good choice if you're prone to puffiness.

Sephora Balancing Foundation ($20)

WarPaintWarrior, thank you so much for your post.:clap

I will certainly check those out when I get to the store.

Has anyone here used any of these Foundations posted so far????

If so, what did you think of them?

JoAnn in TEXAS

Hi JoAnn. Welcome to MUT! I saw you were having trouble posting but I'm glad you were persistant!! This is a fabulous site!

I use Bare Escentuals foundation. I like it and I know lots of other women love it. It gets mixed reviews from the ladies here though. But I guess Glamour magazine picked it as foundation of the year or something like that.

Good luck on your search and again, welcome!! :icon_chee

Yes, I did have trouble posting, but all is well now. :clap And yes, I don't give up easily. I knew if I kept on, sooner or later, I would figure it out! :icon_lol:

Thank you for the mention of Bare Essentials. Where do you buy it? Does it have Foundation for maturing skin?

And yes, you are so right! THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!!! So, glad to have stumbled upon it. :clap

Kerriann....I will check the reviews out! Thanks for the suggestion.

JoAnn in TEXAS

Hi Jo Ann! I'm only in my 30's but I am starting to get lines around my eyes and have noticed certain foundations make them look much deeper. I did wear the Bare Escentuals in the summer just because it is light weight but it does make the "crows feet" look much deeper since it's a matte finish. Revlon Colorstay also makes lines look deeper, again it's a very matte finish.

I'm trying the Revlon Age Defying for dry skin and it sinks into the lines, I haven't tried the normal/combination skin one yet. This product does have a really nice finish, natural and creamy.

Sorry this doesn't tell you what to get but maybe it will give you an idea of what not to get :icon_chee

Hello Cirean,

Thanks for the info. concerning Revlon Age Defying!:icon_chee

I will keep that one in mind!

JoAnn in TEXAS

I buy mine from ebay and QVC. I would suggest if you were to try it that you purchase from QVC. That way if you get it, try it out and hate it you can send it back, no questions asked. That is one of the things I like the most about them. Oh, I believe Sephora sells it too if you have one close to home.

I would try B.E. or a mineral foundation, too...My mother used L'Oreal Visible Lift, though, for years, and really liked it until I convinced her to start using department store foundation...I also gave her a jar of B.E. that didn't match my tone, and she really liked it a lot as well...I guess it depends on whether you want a heavier creamy foundation to help moisturize your mature skin type.

I am so thankful for all of your information you guys have given to me! :icon_chee

Thank you so much for your suggestions and your time!:clap

JoAnn in TEXAS

I´ve heard a lot of good things about Cliniques new Repairwear Anti-aging Makeup

The new Clinque foundation REPAIRWEAR ANTI-AGING MAKEUP.....Yes, I have seen it, and it does seem to be very good! :clap However, here in Texas, it runs about $30.00 a bottle. I almost got it, but they didn't have my color.

I might still give it a try, when they have their special that goes with it.

But, until then, I am looking for something that is not so pricey and will still work for me. :icon_bigg But for those of you that do not mind spending $30.00 for an ounce bottle, the new clique

( Repairwear Anti-aging Makeup) mentioned is very good, from what I am told.

Hello,

I believe that mineral foudation, without a lot of mica(sparkles) and ocy bismuth might be great for you. Theres Jane Iredale, Monave, and Herbs of Grace to name a few. Try Ebay for samples. Good luck!!

Thank you for that information. However, I have never never heard of any of those name brands you mentioned? Where do you buy them? Online?

JoAnn in TEXAS

I just turned 50, and have been using mineral makeup for a couple of years now, and swear by it. It's so easy to put on (with a buff makeup brush), and works like an eraser! I've been buying mine on ebay, and have tried several different kinds. (since I have oily skin, I lean more towards the 'matte' finish ones as opposed to the ones that give you a 'glow'), but I haven't been disappointed yet. Another 'bonus' is it contains a natural sunscreen (spf 15 or more). I spend part of my winter in Jamaica, and not only look good on the beach :icon_wink and never get burned.

I have to add that my dry skin doesn't really work well with the Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. the coverage is nice but it tends to accentuate the lines around my eyes because it makes my skin look drier than I would like. Now mind you, my skin is of the dry type than when I go to bed, I apply a moisturizing toner, a hydrating treatment oil all over, then a rich night cream and eye treatment. And when I wake up in the morning, the first thing I have to do is re-apply my moisturizer because my skin is tight! Anyhow, if you have truly dry skin, definitely get a sample and determine for yourself if this is going to work out.

Back