Is the quality of Victoria Secret clothes always this bad??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really dissapointed, got my Victoria Secret shipment today and was really suprised how poorly their clothes are made. I tried everything on, but the material and the stitching, its all crap!! I mean, $50 for a dress yeah originally $80 but you would think it would be a quality item. Nope. The material is sheer, stretchy and looks like it could ball up after a wash or two. Anybody else with me? Have you bought good stuff online from VS? I like their bras and panties but dang, this really sucks. I spent over $200...
frown.gif

When I was thin and bought some of their clothes ('cause now their clothes don't fit me) and I ended up having to return everything within a week because of the stitching. I never liked their clothes since it's poorly made and over priced.

I haven't tried their clothes but their bras fall apart quick imo. I only buy bras at Frederick's now. I still buy most my undies from VS though. I've been wanting some of their clothing but always thought it was over priced.

I mostly purchase their panties, shoes and some of their makeup, and bath and body stuff.

I agree - I got some of the velour pants when they went on sale and the fabric was really crappy. Ended up giving them to my daughter. Also the sizes run huge for me.... I do like getting shoes from there though

Glad I'm not the only one! My bf's gonna kill me when he finds out that i want to return it all...I basically nagged him for days to put it on his card so I'd pay him back. And I still have to wait like a month for the other dresses because their on back order and won't ship til later...I'll never do this again!!

agreed, buying online is hit and miss. But i also do not like VS. the bras almost NEVER fit me. i dont know what the deal is but their products do not cooperate with my shape. Is it so hard to ask a D bra that do NOT have extreme push up and covers so im not falling out all over??? even their site carries minimum slections for people wanting non-lined, non padded, non push up, full coverage bras.

I have one of their convertible bras and i think it's crap. I keep tryyying to make it work but the straps dont hook into the loops properly. Way to expensive for items that dont work for me. I'll stick to my kohl's bra shopping

I only buy their sweats and vnecks from the Pink line but I do agree they are poorly made for the price you spend. Idk how many pairs of sweats Ive bought only to wash them once and then find a hole somewhere

back when I used to buy their underwear and bathing suits they never fit.  The butts would sag and look pretty stupid : /

Their clothes ARE crap! All the gym clothes I bought either shrunk or stretched out so it doesn't look right.  And I don't even like the bath stuff, much prefer BBW for that. VS is a fail in my book.

Their bras are not that great either.  You can buy better/equal quality from target for 1/2 the price!

See their bras don't bother me, I still have some that has lasted me for 2 years. Its their clothes, if you look at the tags on the clothes, their from different vendors and do not have the "victoria secret" label on them. I believe all the bras have their signature label. Did I also mention the hideous colors they have? I should have known better than to buy something in "spa blue" this blue is like highlighter sky blue, not good with my skin tone.

I recieved another one of my "back ordered" dresses yesterday. The picture does look a lot different, and is very deceiving. Instead of this lace material like it looks like in the photo, its actually a polkadot print...the material is rough and kinda plasticy. Arrghhh.

Back