Combination/ Oily Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I was just wondering what type of lotions, cleansers, toners all that good stuff, you'd recommend for Combination/ Oily skin... My T-Zone gets pretty oily, but I usually also get dry flaky skin around my nose and where my eyebrows meet my nose... I just started using the Olay Oil Minimizing Foaming face wash and the toner. Oh and I keep breaking out, but I was breaking out long before I started using Olay... Anyways, thank you for your time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> <3

My skin is combo also and it used to be more oily than it is now. At the same time I used to get flaking also. I think I was using products that were too drying which caused the flaking and over production of oil. Skin oils are a great way to moisturize the skin even when your skin is oily. Skin oils actually help to control the oiliness. I like Argan oil for night time. For day time it's a bit heavy. I love camellia oil for anytime. I like Neutrogena naturals cleanser. It doesn't seem to over dry my skin. I'm also loving the Olay Pro X cleanser brush for deep cleaning my pores. It really seems to make a difference. 

We had a reader asking for help on her combo skin and recommended products that 

"has to be hydrating and moisturising enough, yet at the same time not sticky and helps to balance the skin sebum secretion. One of common mistake people make is topping up on oil-based cream and forgetting about the quintessential hydration. Our selection choice will be based on both - hydrating first and then an oil-based solution to trap moisture."

Check out http://mizu-age.blogspot.com/2011/04/answers-for-mizuage-reader-moisturisers.html

I swear by Cerave foaming facial cleanser. It has been a miracle for me, along with Clearasil vanishing acne treatment.

http://www.bestmakeupideas.com/makeup-for-skin-types/combination-skin.html
same and related ..............
icon_razz.gif

I use either aleppo soap, or oil cleansing (ricebran and grapeseed). For toners, i like to use floral waters, for oil control i would suggest lavender. Otherwise, chamomile is a good choice.

For moisturizers, i currently use an aloe vera moisturizer from the brand Logona (for the hydration part), and the cream 93 from Yonka, more expensive but good for oil control. The flakes are probably due to dehydration, so i would suggest you use an oil control moisturizer for day, and a more rich hydrating cream at night. Aloe vera is good for that, you can buy it pure or a moisturizer that contains it as main ingredient.

I use a sunscreen from la Roche Posay, they have a line for oily skins that work well on my skin. If you do'nt already, try to use a lightweight sunscreen for combination to oily skins, sun is a false friend for acne so sunscreen helps dealing with this issue.

I can also add a mask, the cheapest (and effective) remains clay, green or white.

For the breakouts, i like to use essential oils as spot treatment (one drop on a q-tip, no more), tea tree oil is too strong, instead i can suggest lavender (also helps with the scarring issue), or grapefruit, lemon. But those last two have to be used at night as they're phototoxic.

Latest posts

Back