e.l.f. Mineral Personal Blend Foundation Quad in Light

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma
Reaction score
As requested! My full review with a bunch of rambling is on my blog. But I'll cut to the chase for you ladies: 

Packaging = bad. Product = pretty good. Pics below:

F is Fair, L is light, P is Porcelain, B is Beige (closeup pics of these shades on blog)

Bare forehead:

After applying foundation (hairline blending fail!):

Maybe it's my monitor but the blended out results looks to be a tad bit yellow or just a smidge dark for your skin, I really can't make up mind on which it is. Maybe a bit less beige and a tad bit more light. How much was that? The coverage looks great though. Care to share a full face with us? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The yellowness of it would be beneficial to those, like me, who have rosacea and don't want to spend $30 on a yellow powder like Clinique.

Yeah, I really don't see myself using this everyday because #1 it takes ten years to get the foundation out of the sifter, and #2 you have to remember how much of each shade looks best on your skin, etc.

And.. you might end up wasting one or two chambers of foundation if the shade just doesn't suit you at all. I.E. I won't be using much of the yellowish Light shade anymore lol

It seems there's not much product in the jar?

Could you please also swatch all colors individually?

very interesting. It does look like good coverage though which is nice to see. I would get the medium quad i'm sure. I should look around their site some more, its always difficult landing on your shade based on a computer image.

For $8 though a bit of trial and error wouldn't break me. I really want some of the brushes i think. If they truly shed less im all for it. I'm so irritated by all the hairs that get stuck to my face . rawr.

Originally Posted by angels41105 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very interesting. It does look like good coverage though which is nice to see. I would get the medium quad i'm sure. I should look around their site some more, its always difficult landing on your shade based on a computer image.

For $8 though a bit of trial and error wouldn't break me. I really want some of the brushes i think. If they truly shed less im all for it. I'm so irritated by all the hairs that get stuck to my face . rawr.
I agree, the coverage looks nice.  I thought the makeup looked nice on her just the way that it was, but that's just my opinion. 

The studio line brushes are awesome!  I have even had great luck with their Essential line ($1) too.  I don't have any bristles on my face.  My favorite brush is the studio line Powder brush.  It's AMAZING! It's basically a kabuki on a stick.  It's great for pressed and loose powder, cream and liquid foundation, and blush.  It really buffs the makeup in, too.  The blush brush is great, too.  Smaller head on it, but works like a charm.  Very soft brushes, too.  I really love the Essential line eyeshadow brush and blending brush.  Applies eyeshadow so effortlessly. I have all the Studio and Mineral line brushes and love the ones I've tried so far.  You just missed the 50% off studio line sale.  It ended yesterday 6/27/11. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I took full advantage of it though and ordered more brushes!  The main reason why I ordered was b/c I wanted, and ordered, the studio line 11 pc brush set with waterproof case.  I'm excited to get it!  I got some other things, too, but my main reason for shopping was due to the 11pc brush set.  should be a couple of weeks before i get it.  will write a review on the set of brushes once i try them all out!

crap i was hoping the 50% sale was still going. Bummer. I had such a crazy weekend i literally couldn't get online
scream3.gif
ikr horrible.

Originally Posted by angels41105 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

crap i was hoping the 50% sale was still going. Bummer. I had such a crazy weekend i literally couldn't get online
scream3.gif
ikr horrible.

I have been waiting for at least 4 months for the studio line to go on sale!  It finally happened and I just barely caught it myself.  I would have just KICKED myself, had I missed it! LOL I've been waiting for that brush set.  The wait is going to help make the receiving of the products just that much better! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you plan on not buying much more than 15 bucks use the code Carolina.  It's 50% off up to 15

Wow! That's way awesome, it's nice to know that ELF thinks of those who don't quite match their standard foundations. I don't match a lot of foundations because I have both warm and cool tones so that would work great for people like me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back