NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Shades..... PLEASE HELP! :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What shade would i be in Nars Sheer Glow Foundation? 

I currently am using Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shades 52 Vanilla and 53 Light beige. My skin seems to work for both somehow & sometimes i mix them together. Are there any matches for these shades? Both or just one? 

Please any advice would be great, i dont live any where near a nars counter so i cant test one, i have to buy it online. So i wanna make sure i get a correct shade (or at least almost correct) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks Girlies x x

I would try Ceylan if I were you. Remember NARS has a return policy and people that will help you, email them!

I was just looking at those products today and got some rather large samples of NARS sheer, matte and firming. The firming I have been using for about a month now, but still not sure as I want to try MUF before throwing away over $60 on a full sized bottle. My skin tone is medium - I gave up listening to MAC MUAs trying to color-type me years ago as some say I'm an NW, some say I'm NC - and I've been finding that Deauville is working for me. One of the lighter shades I have which isn't working for me is Siberia, which on me is VERY pale. It looks cool toned to me, but I'm not a MUA, so I could be wrong. Another which is too light for me is Mont Blanc, but it looks far warmer and at least a few shades deeper. Don't know if that helps at all.

Have you Googled for swatches of that brand/type? I always find that super helpful. Oh, and try Temptalia's site, as there are massive lists of dupes there which would really help you a great deal, I'm sure. I nearly died when I found that site. Dupes for foundation, blush, etc. And organized lists if I ever saw them. Those lists are spectacular, I swear.

Good luck :)

@ Aprill. Thank you Aprill, that is one shade i am considering, i just cant make up my mind!! lol.

- - - - - - - - -

Thanks Satojoko! =) .. I have googled some swatches but they all look different depending on the lighting so im still a bit confused, the shades i were considering are Deauville, Figi, Ceylan and Punjab. but its so hard to decided based on photos online =(. 

Were did you get your samples from???  I live in Australia and the nearest place that sells NARS is an 1 1/2 drive away.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and on top of that to get colour matched and samples here you have to pay $60!!!! Such a rip off!!! 

Do you know any sites online that i am able to get free/ or cheap samples from?? There probably isn't but wishful thinking :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not online, no, I don't. Even for mineral makeup samples you've gotta pay in 99% of cases. I just got them from my NARS counter, and other NARS samples I got from a store we have here that sells tonnes of different higher end bands called Murale. NARS gave me samples in little squeeze tubes. The other store filled up BOTTLES for me in each color AND finish. I went home with a lot of product, I swear. Enough for months of testing.

WTF?? You have to PAY $60 to get a sample and are forced to get your face done in order to do so?? No no no...email NARS and COMPLAIN long and LOUD. Be totally witchy. Seriously. That is just WRONG. As a result of one of my complaints a few months ago, I came home a few days ago with hundreds of $$ worth of products....FREE. And a bag to carry all of the freebies in! I even got a NARS palette with Orgasm, Laguna and Albatros in a zippered case. That was from another store I complained to. PLUS Stila Kitten, Parada body lotion, a Cargo 10th anniversary eye shadow palette, and a WHACK of other really pricey stuff.

These people make billions of $$ off us suckers a year. Make them WORK for it, seriously. Remember, YOU are the one holding the wallet. They should be providing killer customer service in order for them to get anything OUT of that wallet. My nearest NARS is about 30 minutes away, but if they were further, I would make the initial drive. Once you get a match, you won't need to do it again and can just order online from Amazon or anywhere else that sells their stuff.

Punjab looked too dark even for me, I think. It's not super dark, but it didn't look like a match for me at all. Other colors I am trying are Fiji and Mont Blanc, but Siberia is the lightest one I have tried so far, which is TOO light for me. Deauville looks like it will be the right shade for me, from what I have been able to see so far. Thank god I got so many huge samples the other day to really make sure before shelling out that kind of cash. Their prices are bloody outrageous.

You are seriously so lucky to have somewhere to go for samples! We only have one store in Australia that sells high end brands such as Nars, Stilla, Bobbie Brown ect.. And thats Mecca Cosmetica check out there website... SOO overprice. I think in the US you guys pay like $42 for a bottle of sheer glow, here we have to pay $99! It is so frustrating. I found an online store in the US called kiss and makeup and they post world wide, YAY for me! So i only have to pay $42 + $9.95 postage. All i have to do is work out my correct shade first!! Are you able to grab me some samples if i pay you for them plus postage? 

Oh hell no...NARS foundation of any type here in Afkhanadan is a whopping $55! Plus 12% HST, the scamming buggers. The next trip I take to the US, which will be within the next week or so, I am going to check beforehand to see if any of the shopping centers in that area have NARS. If they do, I will be buying it there. Canada can bite me as far as I'm concerned.

If a store doesn't want to give me samples, I push for them. If I have to push too hard, I never go back. I then email the company of whose products I was asking for samples for and tell them that such and such a store is doing a VERY bad job of selling their products, refusing to give samples so I could decide which shade to buy, etc etc. They are NOT pleased when they hear this, let me tell you. Believe me, staying quiet is never the way to go. Many times you will wind up with not even having to pay for the product if the customer service was bad enough. At the very least, you will wind up with an apology from one or the other, or both companies, and maybe a few gift cards as their way of saying sorry. Better than a kick in the @rse, I tell you. Bad customer service is one of my biggest peeves.

When I am spending thousands of $$ a year on cosmetics and skin care products, you BET I expect some samples to see which shades suit me best! Goes without saying!

Hey ! I also want to find the right shade for this foundation however if I'm honest I'm kinda scared to visit my local Nars supplier store as sometimes the people there aren't very helpful and are quite rude! My only solution now is to order online but I need to know my shade, In MAC face and body foundation I'm C6 if that's any help! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the same problem here! I can only purchase NARS (sheer glow foundation) online and I don't want to guess the colour since it's pricey so... I'm using Bourjois Flower Perfection in shade 56. Could you please help me and tell me which NARS sheer glow foundation shade is similiar to this one. Thank you so much x

Quote: Originally Posted by emmaroset /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What shade would i be in Nars Sheer Glow Foundation? 

I currently am using Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in shades 52 Vanilla and 53 Light beige. My skin seems to work for both somehow & sometimes i mix them together. Are there any matches for these shades? Both or just one? 

Please any advice would be great, i dont live any where near a nars counter so i cant test one, i have to buy it online. So i wanna make sure i get a correct shade (or at least almost correct) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks Girlies x x

Im in Shade 52 Vanilla for Bourjois Healthy MIx Serum and Im Gobi in NARS Sheer Glow. Fuji will be too dark for you. I suggest Gobi or Ceylan.

Latest posts

Back