Having issue w/eyeliner staying on top lids!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have several primers I've used.  I have Beauticontrol, INX, Mally and the list goes on.

I put my eye shadow on first and then I line and do mascara.  I use Benefit's top eyeliner that is top rated.  If I don't use a wet liner over it....it's gone pretty quickly.......it literally is lighter in shade and it looks like it absorbs straight in or something.

Can someone give me a tip please!!

Thanks!!

Julie

Can you describe how your lids are w/out makeup (or primers?) I.e., do you have oily lids? Or, do you have dry lids? I may have a few suggestions based off of your answers...

You say you have used wet eyeliner over your liner.  Have you tried applying eyeshadow over your eyeliner?  That really makes it hold then.  I have oily lids and my top liner used to make a half moon shape on my top lid and disappear from my lash line.   I now use UD Primer Potion and I don't have that problem anymore.  But before I started using UDPP I used eyeshadow over my eyeliner and it stayed put very well.  It's worth a try!

Lancome makes a great eyeshadow primer. It is called "Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolor Base". I like to use Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials, however; these products are not clear, as they come in an array of colors.

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you describe how your lids are w/out makeup (or primers?) I.e., do you have oily lids? Or, do you have dry lids? I may have a few suggestions based off of your answers...

Interesting.  I haven't put any makeup on today.  I would definitely say oily.  I do my mascara first because if I line and then I use a mascara lash crimper it just comes right off.  So I do mascara then the pencil and then often times the liquid over it.

Back