Do you think you would use more of your makeup if you saw it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have my makeup in a train case and in other little cases around.  The ones I have on my dresser are the ones I use most.  The palettes that are on the bottom compartment of my train case?  Well lets just say I hate to unpack it and pack it back, so I hardly ever use them.  The same goes with nail polish.  I have enough to fit in a good sized bag (God I need to organize better) and the ones that are to the bottom never gets used.  I am thinking of finding a way where all my makeup can be easily accessed.

Many times I dig around and say "geesh! Can't believe I stopped using this!"  What do you think?  Do you just put your favorites on top or in sight or do you use everything?

Most of my makeup is in an organizer that I have on top of my bathroom counter (it's like a secretary's pencil holder that spins on a desk) and the rest is in two drawers in my bathroom, so I see it every day. That's why I use it. I have body products upstairs in my bedroom and a few perfumes and know I use those less because they aren't in view when I get out of the shower.

I try to go through my stuff once a month... not so much to throw anything out but more to familiarize myself with what I have so I can make a mental note when thinking of my outfit and what I want to wear with it, makeup wise.

yess! that's the whole reason i made a studio with a large table so that i could have all my product out! i just pack the train case with skin care and toiletries and then add the makeup if i need to take it out on a job. i feel your pain totally..

I don't have a lot of makeup, it all fits in a small makeup bag for me, but even I will see things that I haven't even used. I have a Kat Von D liquid eyeliner that I haven't used once. Now that I think about it I really want to use it haha. I usually can only buy things if I really like them though because I'm still a broke student :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't keep anything in a case, unless it's something I never use because I don't like it. I only 'case' my things when I'm traveling. Otherwise, I want my entire collection of stuff near at hand so I can use it quickly and easily. I just had my husband make 2 nine compartment storage things for me. Each compartment holds one color family. One for browns, one purples, etc. That way I can easily see what I'm grabbing and where everything is. before that, it was a nightmare. Those goes into one of the shelves in the 6 foot book case I turned on its side as a makeup table LOL so I can pull them out easily. Like home made drawers. My eye shadow palettes, small to medum sized ones, get stuck in one of those plastic bins, without the lid, and so do my blushes & bronzers (in their own separate container). Bigger eye shadow palettes are stored together in their own spot in a wicker compartmentalized tray I bought for $5 or so a few years back. Nail polishes in a compartment of the wicker tray, upside down, so I can see the colors easily, and so they don't dry out so fast. Cream shadows in another compartment, together. If it was all in a train case, I'd have to dig for stuff every time. Would make me nuts. The entire top of that 6 foot book case is covered from end to end, with the shelves also full.

Back