• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Worried and hesitating to swap after reading some posts...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a new member and want to swap as I have stuff which is just laying around here and would like to get some of the products which are more difficult to find in Canada, but after reading some of the posts regarding people getting ripped off, I am hesistating for a few reasons.

Firstly, I don't want to get ripped offf. That goes without saying. Who would?

Secondly, I don't want to be treated like a swap-leper just because I am a new member.

This really sucks...... :-(

I know what you mean, I'm hesitant about swapping as well. I've been interested in looking at Canadian makeup though, I know you guys have brands that are different than the ones in the United States, so if there's something you want in the United States, I'd swap for something Canadian or even something from here that I don't have.

I have a 100% positive rating on amazon and honestly, I couldn't sleep at night if someone felt like they were ripped off by me, I'd feel really awful and totally make things right. So if there's something you want to swap, don't hesitate to ask.

I am swapping with someone right now. What kind of stuff are you interested in that you cant get in canada?

Most of the major products i have over stock in are Urban Decay and now MAC pigments. I think you can buy MAC from anywhere though, but i've heard UD doesn't ship out of the country (?)

Thanks for the info.....
biggrin.gif

We have tonnes of MAC here and Urban Decay is here as well. I'm interested in some Sleek palettes, but not all of them. Those for sure. Some NYX stuff too, as we have some here, but not nearly enough. Waiting for my order from Cherry Culture to be shipped. Some time this year would be nice....Sugarpill stuff would be good too. Was going to order from them but I have spent an obscene amount of money on makeup in the past month and a half. Inglot, Ben Nye....what else.....Korres maybe? Some Tarte....

I dunno what else....what do you have to offer? It might be something I'm interested in, not sure.....I've got a bag of stuff sitting here, most hasn't even been opened, which I will never use.

i'm new to makeuptalk and kinda new to makeupalley. 

i've done a successful swap so far,  i've sent stuff and i'm waiting for my package to arrive (it will because i have the tracking number) and  i'm talking to this girl about swapping stuff worth 100$. the thing is i already bought everything and she is not replying to my e-mail just yet.

and after reading some of the posts here i feel somewhat paranoid but i gotta give it a shot right?

try not to worry to much and swap with people that have a lot of positive review (yeah you should send stuff first but i;m sure you'll get it back) 

take care~

Yes I am interested in getting a swap started as well but have no idea how to get it started...

I personally have a bunch of stuff to swap. I'm interested in stuff from the UK & US. Also open to offers of other things from different countries. I especially want the Urban Decay Book of Shadows 2, Inglot eye shadows, Sleek eye shadow palettes, Benefit cream eye shadows, etc. If anybody wants to swap feel free to PM me. I've sent packages to Makeupofdesire and Itsjustnicole before. I think that's how you spell their user names. They can vouch for that if you PM them. I wrap everything in bubble wrap and box it properly. I also make a lot of very good products of which I can throw samples in. Incidentally, I'm in Canada :)

I wish they would allow swappers on MUA to buy/sell on there. I bought stuff from a swapper before and it was a great exp! I tried selling a flat iron on there once and I had staff telling me selling/buying anything was off limits. O.O

What's up with that?

Originally Posted by inishkai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they would allow swappers on MUA to buy/sell on there. I bought stuff from a swapper before and it was a great exp! I tried selling a flat iron on there once and I had staff telling me selling/buying anything was off limits. O.O

What's up with that?
I think the reasoning behind that is to prevent people from buying something new and then reselling it at a higher price. For example, say someone bought the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary for $55 and then tried to sell it on MUA for $100, those kinds of deals they're trying to prevent. By straight swapping for the worth of the item versus the price someone wants it makes it less likely for someone to rip someone else off.

Can someone help me? I am new to this and I am trying to list some things to trade, however I dont see the start a new thread under the swape trade, sell forum like the example says! Please help!

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone help me? I am new to this and I am trying to list some things to trade, however I dont see the start a new thread under the swape trade, sell forum like the example says! Please help!
Pick the category you want to post (example say you have eyeshadow you want to swap then click on the Eyes section) in then click on Create a New Classified. If you do not see the Create a New Classified it might mean you're too new to the forums. Some items like the signatures are restricted to new members for a certain amount of days and/or posts (I believe it's 10 posts). Happy swapping!

Boo I dont see the create new classified button...Guess I amto new still,  hopefull it will let me soon!

i am reallllyy interested in having a swap with someone too! I live In the US. I wouldnt mind having a swap with someone from here or international. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i reaaalllyyy want to swap but i am also veryyy worried and hesitant. i would never let someone send me something without sending something in return..wth. im loooking for someone who would want to swap with me?

I would be super careful doing a swap anywhere I did one and got scammed out of hundreds of dollars from a girl that does this all the time all over the place. I have the video on my youtube at twishycareastar .. Be careful not really worth it to be honest 

Thanks Makeupbytrish

Latest posts

Back