Shipping Costs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am new here, and I am starting my own mineral makeup line. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about which company I should use to ship my products. I live in Canada, and would love to sell internationally, but I don't want outrageous shipping prices.

Any |Suggestions?

The cheapest option for me so far is Canada Post, where an international 1 lbs order would cost around 15$ and a canadian order would cost around 10$. Is this really the best there is? How are people able to ship for 2$??

I would have to assume that the distributor, you in this case, must absorb part of the cost to ship product.

Yeah that's what I figured, but I just don't know how some people do it...it's almost as if they are losing money. May I ask what you think fair shipping prices are?

What would be fair is what the postage you paid to get it to its destination.  Companies would build part of it into the cost of the product and a fixed shipping/handling fee.   If they are shipping for $2, then the rest is built into the price of the actual product. Its a marketing strategy.

Example:

Product #1 - Product price $15 and shipping $7 shipping = $22 purchase.  

Product #2 - Product price $22 and shipping is $2 = $24 purchase.  

Some people see it as $22 for the product and $2 shipping - WOW!  Thats totally cheap!.

Some companies will price it this way to attract people that think this way... wow! $2 shipping but in reality, that other site only costs $22 and this was $24.

Thanks Diva Doll, can't really see why I didn't think of that earlier. I'd like to offer the lowest prices possible, with quality product, it'll take me a while to figure out what the cost of making the products is.

Thanks for all of your help!

www.parcelbound.com is best for Shipping service and has really good rates. I was referred to them through another friend who has used them for years and haven't had any issue and after comparing rates with a couple others found that they were well priced as well. Best of Luck!

Back