I am getting fat!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened but I got fat. In the past 2 years I've gained 20 lbs and now am 120 lbs for the first time in my life. I used to be skinny to wear this kind of jeans and 100 but those days are over. I ask the workoutaholics, how do you find the motivation to workout? I hate doing it but I have the want to go. I know the next step is obesity. What do you do to stay lean and trim?

(spam link removed)

Whoa girl! You are lucky to be 120. That is the perfect weight that I would love to be at. But I guess for motivation, you can try writing down your goal and tape it to the wall. My motivation is the polka dot bikini I have hanging in front of my closet.

yoga, i did yoga every night before bed for a few months i was really fit and slept like a baby. tons of energy when i woke up in the morning. I've stopped though but i'm really trying to motivate myself to get back into it!

Slow down, you´re far away from obesity so don´t freak out! I weight about 120lbs at 5`8, and that´s the weight I´m most comfortable with.

Ask yourself how the pounds added up over time. Was is the wrong diet and/or lack of physical exercise, lack of portion control, emotional eating etc etc. Then you can think about which type of healthy diet best fits your lifestyle and how often you can work out, and which type of exercise you want to do.

I stay motivated because I want to maintain the results I got from working out regularly. I feel healthier than ever if I work out and eat right, and my health is very important to me. Overall, I just feel better about myself, and I`m more comfortable in my body compared to my previous days of being a couch patatoe.

I can't be of any help to you.  I have a medical condition that made my body attack and kill off my thyroid.  So I no longer have a metabolism.  That happened to me back in fourth grade and I wasn't diagnosed with it until I was 21yro.  So I've packed on the pounds over the years.  My Internal Medicine doctor that I just visited with told me that even if I was on a 500 calorie/day diet, I would still gain weight!  Basically, I've been told it's hopeless no matter my diet and exercise!  Makes me so frustrated to see me when I was younger and then to see myself now, I just want to crawl in a hole and stay there!  I feel embarrassed to go out anymore cuz nothing fits right anymore, and I don't want to go shopping at this size either.  Never any fun stuff at this size. I'm going to keep my size to myself, I'm too embarrassed to share. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Luckily, my husband is sympathetic to my situation and is very understandable.  He doesn't like to see me so miserable either.  So good luck to you and you goals.  I hope you make them! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just to update on this thread, this person has been spamming us to their sales website a few times now.  I doubt they're really somebody who wants body image help, they're just trying to get you to click on their links.  I went and reviewed, edited, or deleted most of their old spam posts  (They had a ton of posts in the past saying they were 5'8 and their legs were SO long and skinny that they looked too slutty to wear shorts that they're selling on their site. or dresses. or skirts. or purses. or whatever else they were selling that day...so now suddenly they're fat.  I think they're just using key words like "slutty" or "fat" to try to get us girls to see exactly what they're trying to explain. sneaky sneaky spammers!)

Sorry folks for the disturbance! Thanks to all the members who reported this person to us.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I WISH I could be 120 lbs again...
I second that! LOL When I was in high school I was 5'6" and weighed 115 lbs and wore a size 3. Now I'm in my mid-30s and WISH I weighed at LEAST 135 lbs!  120 lbs is NOT fat unless the person is less than five feet.

Hmmmmm... Sneaky peeps... I have always been fat... I am currently at a stable 176lbs... I wish i could weigh 120lbs dammit...

But i am happy... I just have fat thighs and ass... But i dont care...

Originally Posted by rachelolive92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know how it happened but I got fat. In the past 2 years I've gained 20 lbs and now am 120 lbs for the first time in my life. I used to be skinny to wear this kind of jeans and 100 but those days are over. I ask the workoutaholics, how do you find the motivation to workout? I hate doing it but I have the want to go. I know the next step is obesity. What do you do to stay lean and trim?

(spam link removed)
First off, that type of thinking isn't healthy. You're on the fast track to unhealthy fad diets that will make your weight yo-yo which you want to avoid at all costs! Metabolism works against us with age. It's the nature of the beast and very few people are blest with the "skinny" gene. As you get older, it's a good idea to start thinking about setting limits with sugars (except for natural), fried anything, and red meats. Motivation is setting a goal for yourself. Do you want to be trim? Want to increase your strength? Want to gain muscle mass (you won't bulk up)? If fat burning is your goal, start doing cardio. Also convenience is another factor. Do you have a gym near work? Does your health insurance offer a special discount to a selected gym? Select certain days of the week to go to the gym and STICK TO THEM! 

The media tricks us to think that skinny = healthy which isn't always the case. Sure, you are less likely to get type 2 diabetes and but a person that is average weight that's exercising and eating right is healthier than somebody who eats too little and that doesn't exercise at all.  

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to update on this thread, this person has been spamming us to their sales website a few times now.  I doubt they're really somebody who wants body image help, they're just trying to get you to click on their links.  I went and reviewed, edited, or deleted most of their old spam posts  (They had a ton of posts in the past saying they were 5'8 and their legs were SO long and skinny that they looked too slutty to wear shorts that they're selling on their site. or dresses. or skirts. or purses. or whatever else they were selling that day...so now suddenly they're fat.  I think they're just using key words like "slutty" or "fat" to try to get us girls to see exactly what they're trying to explain. sneaky sneaky spammers!)

Sorry folks for the disturbance! Thanks to all the members who reported this person to us.
sneaky!

Back