FESS UP..... Most expensive purchase?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ladies. Time to come clean.

What is the most expensive pair of shoes (or boots) you have ever bought (or own), most you've ever paid for a handbag, and if you happen to know, most expensive article of clothing for EVERYDAY wear (coats, evening dresses don't count) in your closet.

Start spilling the beans girls... I'll join in soon!!

When I was working in Boston with my first paycheck I went to the Coach store  and bought a camel covered coach bucket bag and matching wallet.  How pissed was I when someone broke into our car when we were walking the bike trail and stole the bag like two weeks later... the bag was actually in the trunk, but they smashed the window and popped it.

I don't spend a lot of 'everyday' clothes, apart from jeans, so... Shoes: navy patent Manolo Blahnik 'Suley' pumps. Handbag: F/W2008 Chloe Paddington satchel in Elephant.

My most expensive shoes are a pair of Manolos as well.... I kind of got them as a gift from my family one year, but I still own them. Sadly, I've worn them three times because I am so afraid anything will happen to them.

Most expensive purse award goes to my Newbury Woven Embossed Metallic Python Demi Bag by Michael Kors. (Oh lord I love that bag)

Probably the most expensive clothing item I have is jeans as well.  I think I paid close to $100 for my Guess jeans. When I first got them I was so disappointed thinking "What is all the fuss about?" They weren't too comfortable, the didn't fit great, like big whoop. But now?  I have had them about three years and they fit sooooo perfect, have shrunk the right way, still look almost new, and are constantly in style. 

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay ladies. Time to come clean.

What is the most expensive pair of shoes (or boots) you have ever bought (or own), most you've ever paid for a handbag, and if you happen to know, most expensive article of clothing for EVERYDAY wear (coats, evening dresses don't count) in your closet.

Start spilling the beans girls... I'll join in soon!!
Most expensive shoes...? $75 suede thigh highs I bought on 50% clearance ($150 retail). Most for a handbag...? $40 (Target). And most expensive article of clothing...? $150 dress when I was 17. It was from Nordstrom which is notoriously EXPENSIVE. You know what's WORSE about that stupid dress besides the cost? It fell apart within a month but the stupid store was over 150 miles away so I couldn't just return or exchange it! I only wore the stupid thing THREE times!

I'm totally cheap when it comes to clothing.  My most expensive splurge was $150 pair of Doc Martin boots long long time ago.  I don't think I own anything over $100 for bags, shoes or clothing other than those boots which I still have.  I like gadgets and technology so I'll splurge on those.

Originally Posted by NotAVampireLvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was working in Boston with my first paycheck I went to the Coach store  and bought a camel covered coach bucket bag and matching wallet.  How pissed was I when someone broke into our car when we were walking the bike trail and stole the bag like two weeks later... the bag was actually in the trunk, but they smashed the window and popped it.

Oh wow! I thought putting your purse in the trunk was a sure thing. Sounds like they were scoping you out before you left your car. That's awful! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought a L.A.M.B. bag for $425 or $450... can't remember which is correct, but either way = EXPENSIVE!! You wanna know what SUCKS SO BAD? It was creme white and boyfriend and I just went swimming. I got into the car and was holding tons of stuff and asked him to put it in the back seat. He sat it right on his wet swim trucks, so that bled all over it and it's ruined. I used it for maybe a month. His response?? "I told you not to buy an expensive bag! It's not my fault" I seriously want to punch him in his face to this day because of that!!

Originally Posted by PrettyBrownMUA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My most expensive Handbag was a LOUIS VUITTON speedy 30 $774.00 including tax. 

Yeah, you're insane! LMFAO 

They do have some really great bags though! I've made sure not to start a LV obsession... All I need is something else to spend money on!!

lol...please don't say the insane word....lol but I agree.... I really thought I was doing good by buying a classic. lol

^^ my friend spent over $1,000 on a LV bag, so you're still okay ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> how about that for makin' ya feel better? LOL

If I added up what I've paid for all of my bags over the last couple years, it would probably be more than my car :/

My most expensive bag purchase was a seasonal Coach python/leather patchwork satchel, plus french wallet, which was about $1100 but they send me 30% off cards periodically, so I paid about $800.

I wouldn't in a million years spend that much on a bag or pair of shoes. A $400 bag could feed an entire family of 4 for 2 months in some of the countries I've lived and worked in. After living in countries like Indonesia and traveling around South East Asia and seeing how many tiny kids and babies are on the verge of death on a daily basis, who don't even have the slightest chance of living to see their 5th birthday, and don't even have just plain rice to eat for a day, their teeth falling out due to malnutrition, so hungry they can't even cry anymore, I simply cannot justify spending that amount of money on any piece of clothing or accessory. Not even a car. I like my makeup, love it in fact, and do like shopping for bags, etc and in no way claim to live like Mother Teresa, but always do my best to get what I'm buying as cheap as possible and always remember that there are people out there who need food far more than I need an expensive bag/pair of shoes, whatever. I'd rather feed some street kids or take a homeless guy for lunch, and have and still do. This is one of the several things that makes me feel so shitty about over-spending on cosmetics in the past year and a half or so, although I couldn't care less about makeup before that and rarely bought anything in the way of a 'skin care line' or cosmetics. I am not nearly as selfless as my husband is, but I try to stay aware of how many people are truly suffering and that even me taking some guy for a cheeseburger can make a difference to them, physically, emotionally and psychologically. Most people in western and European countries really do NOT know the meaning of the word 'suffer' or 'hunger' because we are too self-involved with our own lives and material possessions.

I wouldn't in a million years spend that much on a bag or pair of shoes. A $400 bag could feed an entire family of 4 for 2 months in some of the countries I've lived and worked in. After living in countries like Indonesia and traveling around South East Asia and seeing how many tiny kids and babies are on the verge of death on a daily basis, who don't even have the slightest chance of living to see their 5th birthday, and don't even have just plain rice to eat for a day, their teeth falling out due to malnutrition, so hungry they can't even cry anymore, I simply cannot justify spending that amount of money on any piece of clothing or accessory. Not even a car. I like my makeup, love it in fact, and do like shopping for bags, etc and in no way claim to live like Mother Teresa, but always do my best to get what I'm buying as cheap as possible and always remember that there are people out there who need food far more than I need an expensive bag/pair of shoes, whatever. I'd rather feed some street kids or take a homeless guy for lunch, and have and still do. This is one of the several things that makes me feel so shitty about over-spending on cosmetics in the past year and a half or so, although I couldn't care less about makeup before that and rarely bought anything in the way of a 'skin care line' or cosmetics. I am not nearly as selfless as my husband is, but I try to stay aware of how many people are truly suffering and that even me taking some guy for a cheeseburger can make a difference to them, physically, emotionally and psychologically. Most people in western and European countries really do NOT know the meaning of the word 'suffer' or 'hunger' because we are too self-involved with our own lives and material possessions.
Be careful, you woudln't want to fall off your horse, there... And who's to say one couldn't purchase an expensive handbag or pair of shoes, and also - simaltaneously - donate to causes they support? It's quite possible to do both.

I, personally, would never use the status of a third-world country as a basis for my purchases. I work very, very hard for my money and feel justified to spend it how I please. That same $400 you wouldn't spend on a bag could very well be the same $400 worth of cosmetics that you've purchased over the last couple months.

Honestly and with all do respect, you could have easily looked over this topic if you didn't like it. We are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. We deal with the seriousness of life daily. So many people are so quick to say stuff and not really look at things others may have negative to say about them, which I don't care. This comment is in all our defense. I am sure you have guilty pleasures as well. To be real about it, can you tell us just how much makeup you do have and what you spent on it(all of it). Some products you have maybe tested on animals, but I am sure some people are against that. All I am saying is take a load off. We are here to enjoy each other and chat about things we share the same interest in. By no means is this an attack or anything. This is a happy place. Lets be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, Angelina Jolie and many other celebs have loads of money and treat themselves, their family, yet donate tons of their own money to charities and such....

I think spending a lot on materialistic things is OKAY as long as you can afford it, and as long as it doesn't affect your life negatively - ie. going into debt for a handbag.. etc.

Work hard. Play hard. lol...

My most expensive purchase was for a pair of Chanel booties about four years ago, they were $1250.00, unfortunately they were the wrong size so I ended up selling them on eBay for half price. Even at half price it was a bargain for me to get them out of my closet, I was in pain just looking at them and my feet have never forgiven me for knowing I wear a 37 1/2, NOT a 37 (but they were so adorable I couldn't resist).  Well needless to say it was not a cheap lesson but better than paying a podiatrist! LOL 

Back