If you had a favorite lipstick being discontinued..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
would you buy up as many as you can find (and reasonably use)... or try to find a current duplicate of it?

My reason for asking is that my all time favorite lip color ever... Loreal Endless in Moonlit Mica is impossible to find in store these days. This has been my go to for the last 6 years and I purchased my last tube at Walmart about a year ago... haven't seen it ANYWHERE since.   I've seen some other colors from this line at Big Lots, but I don't see anything close to it in stores... they have a Mica color in their Color Riche line which is similar, but just not the same.

I worry about buying from make-up retailers I'm not familiar with - and also, how long will it last unopened...

They don't sell Monistat anti chafing gel in Canada anymore so I'm going to Bellingham to get a few tubes.  Since its not completely gone, I'll just get enough to last a few months but if it was going to disappear completely, I'd buy as much as I can carry.

my all time favorite lipstick was discounted and I didn't realize it until later. Now I lost (or someone stole) my other tube.. I'm so pissed!! I want it back! If anyone has MAC in Rapturious (I think that was the name, something like that - can't find the tube so I can't check!!!!) let me know!!!

I know how you feel!

Revlon's Strawberry Suede was my fave for Summer last year. I went looking for a new tube and found out they were discontinued. I cannot wrap my head around why they would discontinue it. It was perfect!

And the prices on ebay and amazon are just ridiculous. I wish I had known they were discontinuing it. So next year whenever CVS has their clearance sales I'm going to stock up on whatever colors I really liked during that year.

yes - but I don't think I ever paid more than like $8/tube just because I used coupons and stuff.  I might have to shell out - I just need to decide whether or not I REALLLY need it or can make do.  I'm thinking I need it - it really is the perfect shade for me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I knew my favorite item was going to be discontinued I would stock up. I will be with my WnW palettes when on sale. I have any where from six months to a year before the 6 pans are gone.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:pdp//objectid+Cos12c_5//{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+Cos12c_5//}|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank}

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my all time favorite lipstick was discounted and I didn't realize it until later. Now I lost (or someone stole) my other tube.. I'm so pissed!! I want it back! If anyone has MAC in Rapturious (I think that was the name, something like that - can't find the tube so I can't check!!!!) let me know!!!

No clue if it's legit. http://www.brigettesboutique.com/MAC_Mattene_Lipstick_RAPTUROUS_p/mac561.htm

this reminds me of that one story..who was it, Laura Mercier? Bobbi Brown? Someone famous had her favorite tube of lipstick, and only took it out on special occasions, scraped the tiniest bit from it, to make it last as long as possible because they weren't selling it anymore..  I would stock up.. or find a dupe..they have dupes for everything these days don't they..

I went out today and scouted out some dupes... I'm going to swatch them out tomorrow to see. They are pretty colors at any rate - very similar shades. I think there might be a Revlon one that I picked out that was nearly identical. I wore it tonight for a bit, but the lighting was bad so I couldn't tell for sure.

I loved the Formula of Loreal Endless... but admittedly it was drying on the lips - Other lipsticks go on so smooth and light in comparison.

I would buy in bulk, but only if the product is sealed. I have never used this lipstick nor seen it, so I cannot give a good dupe.

BTW, I went to L'Oreal's official website and discovered that it (Moonlit Mica 646) is available to purchase. I also saw your favorite lip product on eBay, Amazon, and an array of other websites, when typing in "L'Oreal Endless Moonlight Mica" into Google Shopping.

Back