Suggestions for a good foundation under $20?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new everyday foundation and want to keep it in the $20 and under range. I currently use the Chanel Matte Lumiere but I'm sick of wasting the costly foundation on days when I just go to work or run a few errands. I'm looking for something that gives medium coverage, and that lasts for several hours. It can be a drug store brand or department store brand.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Give Revlon Colorstay a shot, it has medium-full coverage and it's really good.

If you have a RiteAid or Walgreens get your foundation there because they have pretty good makeup return policies. RiteAid has a 100% guarantee (with receipt). Try Rimmel London's foundations.

I've never tried rimmels, but I like their shadows...back in the day my drugstore foundations were covergirl...but I bought two and mixed them to get my exact shade. I just tried MUFEs HD foundation and freaking' love it. MAC seems to "warm up" on me, no matter what the shade. Mufe's seems to hold its color. The only drawback, like you mentioned, is that darned $$$.

I just got bourjois healthy mix foundation and I like it! It blends in very nicely and it's medium coverage I think.

Revlon New Complexion! It is amazing, it lasts all day for me and it has nice coverage, but it feels like you have nothing on! It is just amazing:)

When I was in my local drug store the other day I noticed tCover Girl Clean line. I had never paid much attention to it before, but picked it up just out of curiosity. The foundation and their powder quite impressed me, as compared to even high-end lines I've tried, including NARS, MAC, Korres, Tarte. Their ingredients are not bad compared to so many others, especially their powders, and they are super affordable. Way under $20. I may even try them myself as the company sent me some free gift certificates a little while ago. Will wait for them to go on sale and then snatch up a foundation to try out.

My choice for a drugstore brand foundation is the Revlon Colorstay.  It comes in a lot of colors.  I actually keep two colors, one lighter than my skin and one darker and then mix them in different ratios throughout the year to get the perfect color for my skin regardless of season. 

It isn't the most fabulous foundation ever.  I have better luck with it when I apply it directly after my moisturizer - gives it more slip otherwise it tends to set up pretty quickly.  I know that some people don't like the smell, but it doesn't bother me.

I have to say that I find myself reaching for this drugstore brand more often than my MAC Select SPF15 Foundation - it tends to turn orangey on me after a while.  The Revlon doesn't seem to have that problem.

Revlon colorstay comes in mind, l'oreal foundations can be nice too if you find a match.

Back