FOTD July 7, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey MUTers. So i realize  that i tend to do alot of secondary and cool colors. Those i guess are my safe colors that i know go good with my eye color.

Thought i'd try something on the warmer side today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's all about the eyes today so no full face shots

Brows: Maybelline Define a Brow

Primed with : LA Splash sealant

Tight-lined with : Maybelline Eyestudio

Lashes: UD BF Mascara

Lower lash line: UD Honey

Lid: UD-Sting, Shag and Sellout

Angels, love the color combo!!

Eyes:

WNW Trio - Silent Treatment

Covergril Natureluxe Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

Laura Geller Baked Blush N Brighten - Apricot Berry

Lips:

ELF Lipstick - Voodoo

@angels WOW you have amazing eyes and lashes. I have to try that UD mascara.

@jean I love that wnw palette! Looks fab on you.

Face:

Benefit That Gal primer

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

Dr Jarts Silver Label BB Cream

Clinique Almost Powder Foundation

ELF HD Finishing powder

Cheeks:

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful

Lips:

Desert Essence Lip Rescue (balm)

MAC Lipglass in Evolution Revolution

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Eyeshadow duo in Teddy Bear and Heaven

Stila Glamoureyes Mascara

Mally Beauty Liner

Hi Ladies!

Here is my face today. I took a trip to Sephora last night for some much needed retail therapy!  I picked up the Sephora Miami Vibes Palette and found out that Sephora now makes liquid glitter eyeliner for only $12!  

Unlike most other lines that carry glitter eyeliner, Sephora has a black version.  The effect is subtle, but looks great in person.  Perfect for the office, or just a slight change of pace. 

Without further ado, here is the look using the sea foam green from the Miami Vibes Palette, the dusty rose color is in the crease and the lightest color is my highlight. I have a thin layer of the black glitter liner on, and Tart mascara. 

Cant wait to see your face of the day!

Forgot to add the lipstick!  Lipstick is Covergirl's Temptation (#285).  Cool story behind the lipstick. I met a new friend at a BBQ this 4th of July.  She just hit up a buy 1, get 1 free sale at Walgreens. She has a color very similar to this already, so she just gifted this new lipstick to me.  So cool and very sweet.  Thank you, Chawny for a rockin' new color. 

@angels-- love the color combo the pink with the gold. that gold is gorgeous. i'm in love with your lashes they are amazing. 

@jean-i agree with girly. that palette looks great on you and i love the cheek color on you. i've never heard of laura geller until i was on here but the products look great especially that blush.

@girly- your skin looks absolutely gorgeous! i love the cheek color and lipcolor on you. i have 2 of the tarte blushes and i LOVE them.

@chris- very pretty. i love that aqua color on your eyes

For work today, i didn't have time for much makeup, but when I got my package my MAC today i decided to play with my new blush Feeling Flush from Semi Precious and did my eyes with the lighter Silver shade from ELF's 2007 Drama Palette (LOVE ELF!)

Mac Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush (such a smooth texture easy to blend i'm impressed)

Eyes: I used Fix Plus to wet the shadow and pigment. I used the lighter silver shade from ELF's 2007 Drama Palette & then Fuchsia Pigment from MAC. 

Lips: Smashbox O Gloss

Face and Cheeks:

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Cream - Deep Moisture Creamy Formula

Haiwaiian Tropic - Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen (spf 15, UVB/SPF, w/ UVA)

Highlighting, Mineral Finishing Powder: Revlon Color Stay, Brighten 010

Bronzer: Bronze Booster, Fair to Light

Blush: CG Cheekers 150

---

Lips:

Arbonne: Illusion Lipstick

---

Eyes:

Eye Cream, Benefit: It's Potent! Eye Benefit Cream

Primer, Benefit: Stay Don't Stray

Highlighter, Benefit: Eye Bright Pencil Brightener

White (L'oreal's Frosted Icing #901)

A Mineral Finishing Powder (Revlon's Color Stay Brighten #010)

light purple (Wet 'n' Wild's Mega Eyes Lovely Lilac #258)

a darker shade of purple (Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Wet-Dry Eyeshadow Plum Crazy)

dark purple eyeliner (Sonia Kashuk Purple Passion #D51)

Final Look:

Oh, Xina this look is right up my alley.
11.gif

Loving all of the bright and pretty colors ladies! I went boring today... No eye shadow, just foundation, powder, and blush... My left eye is bugging me again, probably form going swimming over the weekend at Palm Springs... eeekk

@xina- im loving the color combos today! that forest green is great!

@sammie- your skin is so pretty!!

Angels...thanks! i'd love to see a real bold look you too then :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tis..thanks...i've been watching people like hezzie able to do lots of dark eyeshadow, and so i wanted to play with it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sammie...love ur glasses!

Latest posts

Back