Bumps on my face =(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never really had a beauty regimen for my face because I am afraid of breaking out. I never really washed my face with those facial washes or used toner or any of that stuff. Here's my issue, lately (now that I am getting older) my face has started to be funky. On the right side of my face I started to get these super dry spots, i use facial lotion, but then i started breaking out in bumps on my face. Its awful... The weird thing is its ONLY on the right side of my face and I don't know why?

Can anyone recommend something or tell me why this is happening to my face? I've never had break out problems, my skin has always been good, idk maybe its just me getting older idk... It's not acne or pimples, just bumps, i'm wondering if maybe its a heat rash because its been pretty hot here lately too...

From your description... not a clue what you got.  You should see a doctor for a real diagnosis.  

That rationale about not having a skin care regime because you were afraid of breaking out is a big backwards as people usually have a skin care regiment to keep their faces clear of break outs.  

It could be something hormonal. I find that the right side of my face tends to break out more than my left. Always has. And when I'm going through something hormonal, it always flares up.

I seriously would not suggest using a toner, and good for you for staying away from stuff like that. Heat rashes usually itch to some degree, and get red. Have you tried anything in it with glycolic or lactic acid? That would be the first thing I would reach for, personally. You can also try dandelion root decoction, which you can take internally without any harm. Yes, I have recommended it for many things, but the fact is, it works for skin issues of all kinds, and very well at that. You don't necessarily have to have a 'skin care regime'. Many people do quite well with just soap and water and a moisturizer. Those people are the lucky ones, IMO. I have always had to mask, exfoliate, etc. Otherwise my skin just goes to hell. I would try something on your own before going to the doctor. Doctors are too often very quick to prescribe unnecessary medications, which can lead to even more problems and complications. If you can't figure something out which works on your own, my next step would be to visit a homeopath or naturopath. Nothing they give you or suggest is going to have any side effects, and their remedies are made to work WITH the body's own natural healing mechanisms, rather than fight against what is going in your body to cause this. I haven't had a traditional-type family doctor for over 20 years. If I egt sick, it's off to the naturopath, who has been my so-called 'family doctor' for over 2 decades. It's rare that he has not been able to treat something. If he is unable to, he will suggest I go to a regular doctor.

If you'd like info on how to make your own dandelion root decoction at home, feel free to PM me. I can send you the info about where to get it in the US (it's where I buy it from) and how to make it. I can also give you some mask recipes which really sooth the skin and leave it soft. They can also be used as very gentle cleansers.

@Sato - Thanks for the advice! These bumps aren't red, they are mostly tiny, you can't even see them unless i point them out... They just bug me because i can see them... today is much better though, they aren't as noticeable... Sometimes they do get red, not all, but just a few...I definitely need to look into a skin care regimen. It just sucks, because i was that girl that only needed soap and water, guess my luck has run out LOL

@Zadidoll - It's my theory. I only needed soap and water to rinse my face, I thought if I did start using something different to wash my face that i would break out... I never had a break out problem so I never had to use anything to treat break outs... i would go see a dr but that costs money that I don't have...

Anytime I hear that someone is only breaking out on a specific area of their face, I automatically wonder what that area is exposed to.

Example - could be your cell phone. Have you disinfecteded it lately?

Or pillow case - have you switched to a new detergent?

I haven't changed detergents... i change/wash my pillow cases and sheets once a week and i switch sides when I sleep all the time... and I hardly ever talk on my cell phone, i'm all for texting... idk what it is, its not super irritating or anything like that, its just annoying...

Ugh...me to(on soap and water routine). When I was in my mid-twenties my  skin became "funky" as you say. You did mention your skin on that side was dry...? When (in my case) my skin gets dry anywhere not just on my face and I put lotion on I too, get those sandpaper like rash. I know they are not acne but more so a skin reaction or extreme sensitive skin. I recommend as well, you go to a derm. an get this skin woe sorted out. If anything it will give you peace of mind or else a definite answer.

If it's coming and going, it is likely something hormonal, then. I have issues with break outs when I am near my period and during my period. Makes me nuts, because otherwise my skin stays pretty clear. Surprising, because as a kid I had horrible acne from about the age of 9 an onward. I discovered glycolic and lactic acids in my 20s and it totally changed my life, I swear to god. I highly recommend them for so many skin issues. Oats are also amazing for the skin, which I use regularly. I also mask regularly to keep my skin 'sump-free', but always use certain ingredients which I have discovered really help with that.

As far as soap and water go, I would never use a typical soap on my face. I would only use hand-made soap woth goats milk and oatmeal in it, which is beyond healing, calming and soothing. Totally different than store bought soap, most of which is actually detergent in a solid form, rather than real soap. Melt and pour 'glycerine' soap is also complete garbage. I speak as a former soap-maker so know what goes into this stuff.

Latest posts

Back