DADDIES WITH LITTLE DAUGHTERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what do you dads or your husbands with little daughters ages 2-5  do when only them 2 are out in public & your daughter needs  to go use the restroom?    Once my B.f took my daughter to pay insurance or somethin o&r  my daughter needed to use the restroom & he asked a "nice" lady if she her & she did long story short they came home told me & I went off like a mad woman on him I told him im glad she was nice & nothing happened (I had a long talk with my daughter)  you cant go trusting anyone especially to take your kid to a resroom alone!!!

I remember when i was a kid being taken with my dad in a mens restroom with something tied around my eyes to get to the stalls  llol   Otherwise i would have to wait n hold it till i got home!!!!        

What r some of the things that you guys do?

Sorry to all you men out there, but Men's Restrooms are usually gross!!!  I wouldn't go in one.  Now that my youngest son is old enough he goes to the restroom alone and yes into the Men's restroom and I cringe everytime! ahahaahaha  Hmmm...what should Dad's do when little girls need to go potty?????  Good question!  Covering their eyes seems like a good idea or waiting until it's empty but there's still the issue of gross.  I say take her to the men's room, take handi-wipes or hand sanitizer and clean the toilet seat or be prepared to "hover" her over the seat.

Wow Monet! I would have been pissed and chewed him out!

My boyfriend takes our daughter to the men's bathroom if the family bathrooms aren't available. 

tONY- Thats basically what my dad used to do lol

Johnnie-  Yeah I did ALOT  & believe that never happened again!!!!!! 

I live in holland and we dont even have family bathrooms here :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My dad would just take me to the womans bathroom. I mean why not?

The womans bathrooms are always behind closed doors anyway and I dont think a woman would really be bothered by a man taking his little girl there, at least in holland they wont be bothered by that

My Dad wouldnt dare enter the womens washroom, nor would he ever take us young girls (there were 3 of us) into the mens washroom. Being from the country where there were more back country roads and dirt roads then highways and large busy streets (they didnt even have street lights were I lived, nor do they now where my parents live) my Dad would pull over if we really couldnt hold it, hand us some napkins or tissue and have us go behind a tree! lol

There was never much traffic if at all, maybe one-two cars tops. He never took us out to malls or anything without my mom, he has always worked 6-7 days a week so we were with my mom through out the day.

Oh man! I would've lost it on him too! So thankful nothing happened to her, but it seems from what you're saying that he learned his lesson!

My DH usually takes our 3 year old little girl to the men's restroom covering her eyes while he walks behind her, then he hovers her over the toilet seat. I made them show me this routine at home once, and it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen! She holds on to his arms and holds her knees up. It's like she's in sitting position in midair with his arms behind her and her clinging to him. Hahaha I'm cracking up just thinking about it! But it seems to be efficient and takes away the cleanliness factor! I just don't see how her little abs can stand the workout bc it looks like it takes some serious stomach muscle power to hold her self up like that lol

When our daughters were little he would find a unisex toilet or ask an employee to check the ladies room and if it was clear to stand at the door and let them know a man was inside with his daughter. In the reverse situation when I was out with my boys I'd ask an employee to watch while I took the boys to the men's toilet if there wasn't a unisex toilet. Many stores now offer family toilets but now that the kids are older we don't have to worry about that.

It probably would have been easier to have her step on the seat and her dad hold her up.  I'd be worried she got tired and put her feet down and land in the bowl *yuck*

Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man! I would've lost it on him too! So thankful nothing happened to her, but it seems from what you're saying that he learned his lesson!

My DH usually takes our 3 year old little girl to the men's restroom covering her eyes while he walks behind her, then he hovers her over the toilet seat. I made them show me this routine at home once, and it was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen! She holds on to his arms and holds her knees up. It's like she's in sitting position in midair with his arms behind her and her clinging to him. Hahaha I'm cracking up just thinking about it! But it seems to be efficient and takes away the cleanliness factor! I just don't see how her little abs can stand the workout bc it looks like it takes some serious stomach muscle power to hold her self up like that lol

Wow... this is a hot topic. My hubby always takes my daughter to the men's room. Now she is afraid of going out with daddy. Haaa... But don't worry, she still loves DH very much. So if we go out, it often is the whole family of three members. And DH never takes her to the men's now, if need, he will ask a kind lady or female staff of shops, restaurants for help. That's it.

I'm a dad with kindergarten-age boy/girl twins, so I have definitely been in this situation.

Family restrooms were always the ultimate because I could take them both in there and get things done easily.  As they got a bit older, if I was by myself I didn't want to take them both in the men's room (and my daughter started refusing; they were both starting to learn what 'boys bathroom' and 'girls bathroom' meant).   So there was a transitional period where I was just very careful about where I took them, b/c the daughter wasn't really old enough to go without help, so if I was going someplace where they didn't have family restrooms, I just tried to avoid taking them there on my own.

Now my daughter is old enough that she just goes in on her own to the women's and doesn't need much help; still a problem if they both have to go at the same time.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I have been in the situation before where I was half in the men's room, trying to keep an eye on my son, and trying to watch the entrance to the women's restroom to make sure that my daughter didn't dart out while my back was turned.  It was at that time that my son chose to demonstrate that he did not yet entirely grasp the difference between the urinal and the 'sit down' toilet, and proceeded to attempt to complete a #2 business transaction at the #1 only station.  Good times.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Director /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I take my daughter into the mens restroom. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I put a cowboy hat down first.
Nice one! lol. I never saw it as a problem before.

Take her in the mens.  I would never trust a stranger with my child no matter how nice they looked.

Men's room HOWEVER please do not do what my father did and hold me up in front of the urinal and tell me to put my feet against the wall and aim. I'm not kidding, he did this. I'm hoping it was just an emergency and we didn't have time to wait for a stall to be free. I STILL have flashbacks to the man peeing next to us and checking out my 5-year-old-girl junk. (Not in a pervy way, just in a curious way, BUT STILL.)

Latest posts

Back