Foundation - a really resistant - long lasting one!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there

I'm living in a really hot and humid country. 

I need a recomendation for a best foundation ! I need it the most resistant and long lasting I prefer an oil free one. 

what do you recommend to try? 

thank you so much!

A lot of your problem will need to fixed starting with a good primer. I'm not sure what your price range is, but high end brand names like Makeup For Ever and even Sephora's brand are very good. I use L'Oreal's that comes in a jar... I find it is smoother than the others that are more gel like.

When I wear my foundation and want to make it last, I usually put it on and TOP it with a mineral foundation to really lock it in.  I use Almay's TLC liquid foundation but because my skin isn't dry, I really like L'Oreal's Mousse foundation. It works best with people who don't have dry flaky skin. Then I top it with the mineral foundation I like best, which is LA Minerals. I find that things stay put pretty good even on the hottest of days when I do it like that.

You'll get a ton of suggestions, so try the ones that seem the best for you. And if something doesn't work, try try again!

thank you very much for your answer. 

I need something that will stay on my skin until I will remove it from my face. 

I used in Mineral foundation a long time but now I need to walk a lot and the mineral makeup is not good for my anymore. this is the reason I need a reguler foundation. 

we don't have MUFE in my country. regretfully. 

I'm not sure what your price range is, but I have a couple suggestions:

I agree with Sassy Auburn, you really do need a good primer if you want it to stick. I use Smashbox, Laura Mercier's is good, and I've heard some good dupes are ELF and Palladio.

As for foundations that are really resistant, MAC's Studio Fix fluid stays on really well and provides great coverage, plus there are like a billion shades of it. The foundation I use which seems to hold up in any kind of weather, is Laura Mercier's silk creme foundation. I love it, but it's kinda pricey, at $42 a bottle. MAC Studio Fix is $26.50, so I'd say go with Studio Fix and try everything cheaper before you go for Laura Mercier if you can.

unfortuntlly we don't have Sephora. 

we don't have Makeupforever. 

I need something from the drugstore brands. but something very very good. 

thank you for all

Have you tried Revlon colorstay foundation? When I apply the colorstay it stays on all day and looks the same as I first applied it. I believe it is suppose to stay on for 16 hours and I believe it because I know I have worn mine for up to 10 before.

Back