Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Congratulations to the winners of this contest: RainbowBrite, ox0xbarbiex0xo, and musingmuse!!  This contest is CLOSED!! Thanks to everyone who participated!!!!
==========================================================================
MakeupTalk and the owner of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) have teamed up together for a 15 day contest/giveaway to give away to THREE(3) lucky winners a LipTar Conglomerates(23 shades)

Three(3) lucky winners will receive one of these awesome Lip Tars sets of 23 shades valued at $299/set

The 23 shades to be included in each set:

• ANALOG
  • BETA
  • CHA CHA
  • CLEAR
  • DANGEROUS
  • FEATHERED
  • HOOCHIE
  • LOFI
  • MELANGE
  • PAGEANT
  • PETTY BEIGE
  • PLUM
  • RED IRON OXIDE
  • REVERB
  • RX
  • STALKER
  • STRUMPET
  • TARRED
  • TONE
  • TRAFFIC
  • UBER
  • VAPID
  • VINTAGE Total Package Value : $299.00 Each

OCC LIP TARâ„¢ $13.00 USD | 8mL - A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you! Like all of our products, OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks! DIRECTIONS: Apply the tiniest bead of Lip Tar with our #009 Angle Brush for complete, opaque coverage, either mixed with other shades or straight out of the tube. Applying too much product can result in feathering/bleeding so remember: a little goes a very, very long way!

To enter the giveaway contest:
This contest has ended.  Thank you to all who participated!!

1. Reply ONCE to this thread answering this simple question:  What does Make-Up mean to you? Things you could include in your reply would be: Your makeup routine, your favorite products, your favorite tools, how you create different looks, etc.  Be creative and descriptive!  Creativity counts!
  2. Bonus Entries "Face of the Day" entries (not mandatory to win - read below for BONUS details)
  3. Like MakeupTalk on Facebook (not mandatory to win)
  4. Like OCC Makeup on Facebook (not mandatory to win)
  5. Get 5 of your Facebook Friends to Like MakeupTalk on Facebook (not mandatory to win)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To enter for to win BONUS entries (details):

• Bonus Entries - Face of the Day entries Each FOTD entry is good for an additional 1 "entry".  In order to be eligible for a bonus entry, A legitimate FOTD would be posting an image of yourself and listing what make-up products you used.  You're allowed 1 FOTD/day and they are to be posted in the FOTD forum. Each FOTD is good for 1 entry (for a total of 15 possible bonus entries/1 per day)  [COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)]Bonus entries are optional and not required to win but will significantly increase your chances.  ****FOTD entries must be posted within the 24 hours of that day to be counted as a contest entry for that day (12:00am - 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time).  For instance, a post for a FOTD entry for July 1, 2011 must be posted between 12am and 11:59pm PST on July 1st to be counted as an entry for this contest for that day.  If you post a FOTD for July 1 at a later date it will not be counted as an entry for the contest.****[/COLOR]

Contest Details:

• Contest prize: Three winners will win one set of 23 shades of OCC LipsTars listed above
  • After the contest, we'll pull the list of people who replied to this thread properly, take the list of FOTD entries for the time period, put them into a spread sheet then let www.random.org select 3 lucky winners!
  • 15 day contest from July 17 - 31, 2011
  • When the contest is over, we will announce the winners in this thread with 96 hours and send the 3 winners a private message here on MakeupTalk.

Make sure you follow the laws of your state and country. Rules subject to change without notice. You are responsible for what you use so please be aware and knowledgeable of what works and what doesn’t work for you. Contest open to all worldwide residents! (subject to change)   Past winners, Current Staff and past MakeupTalk Staff member ARE eligible to enter this contest, so get movin!
Contest open to all worldwide residents! (subject to change)
TECHNICAL INFORMATION: Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E) May Contain: D&C Red #7, D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide Precautions: Due to peppermint oil content, Lip Tar is not recommended for use in the immediate eye area.

Git Busy, yo the contest has already started!

Hello,

This is my reply and entry for the OCC lip Tar contest. OCC is a new brand to me so I would love to try it out at some point! SO what does make-up mean to me? I really love how makeup can transform your whole look and personality temporarily. I love that the face and body can be a canvas that becomes living art to the artist and to the person wearing the makeup. I don't wear makeup every day by any stretch of the imagination but I love to be creative with my makeup and experiment. Even if it ends up looking terrible, I can wash it all off and start again! Practicing with makeup can be so much fun and so exciting. So to me makeup means creativity and expression of who I am for that day! 

Here is one of my creations. This wasn't today but I do like the result I got that day. Hope I get chosen!

Thanks!

So I'm entering because of the *subject to change* clause and really want  a chance to win these lol

I've been fans of  MUT and OCC on Facebook for a while now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup to me means many things. It's about artistic expression and using your face to show a side of yourself that you may not normally show ranging from soft natural looks to bold and daring looks; makeup is also an accessory! Finding that perfect red/pink/nude lipstick is akin to find that perfect pair of heels or a bag or that little black dress that makes you feel like a Siren (haha for me anyway) Makeup is also about bonding with a different cross section of people from across the world. I've made a lot of friends and belong to various beauty communities who share the same love and passion for it as I do and they have truly become a part of my world! I love it!

Thanks for entering me (if you decide to open it to persons worldwide)

Makeup definitely means A LOT of different things to me. I love that makeup can makeup not only me, but every woman, feel like her most beautiful self. I'm not the kind of girl that won't leave the house without makeup on, but I definitely like having it on more than off. I generally do my makeup around 12-ish each day, because I work from home, and by the time 7 rolls around I find myself wanting to remove it all and do it all over again just because I love, love, love playing around with all of my stuff. 

Thanks for this contest! 

Makeup means channeling my creativity. I wear makeup everyday and it makes me feel special and different. It's a chance to express yourself.

To me, make-up means everything. It allowes me to hide from the world if I choose, and express myself to the world. I can wear my feelings for  everyone to see. I can make art on my face, or in the case of special effects I can create something purely my own. Every time I do any sort of make-up, I'm proud of it. I can say "Yeah, I did that." It never fails to pick up my mood, and makes me more confident, which in turn helps with everything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup is many things for me - a palette for artistic expression, a way to affirm my own beauty, or a way to tell someone else "hey, I like you so much that I want to look nice for you."  In a show, makeup helps create an individual that is completely different from myself, or allows me to explore areas of my own psyche that I normally keep hidden.

Makeup means fun and creativity. It is an easy, non-permanent way to change things up. I work in the medical field so I can't do crazy colors in my hair or have visible tattoos, but I can express how I feel through my makeup and nail polish. You don't have to spend a fortune to have a wide variety of products and colors (or you definitely have the option to spend a fortune if you so choose). It's just fun!  
smileno.gif

To me.. applying makeup is like therapy.. I get to be different and make others different too.  I just love it.  My favorite part of the day is when I sit in front of the mirror blending colors together to make a totally new creation.  Usually the longer it takes me the better :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I also love the fact that I can take it and put it on girls who otherwise barely do anything with their makeup and make them look like the beauty queens they already are.  I love the reaction they get from other people and seeing their self esteem rise higher and higher!

Makeup means the world to me! It's my job, my hobby, and a part of my every day routine.  Having the opportunity to make someone's beauty radiate from the inside out is an amazing feeling, and makeup allows you to do that. I've transformed brides on their wedding days, girls for Sweet 16's and Quince's, etc. and it's a beautiful feeling. I love makeup!  It means everything to me!

To me makeup is a form of self expression. It's a way to let people know if you're feeling bold that day, or if you're in a bright mood, or maybe you're feeling low maintainence and just wore the essentials. I think it's an art form and probably one of the few that I am just somewhat decent at manipulating. I love makeup because I feel like it helps me to communicate with people well. When I'm going somewhere that I want people to pay attention to what I'm saying I like to wear bold lips. When I just want to catch someones eye that day I like to concentrate more on my eyes. I love to be different and let who I am shine through and I love that make up is one way that I can do that and let people see a little bit of who I am at first glance.

make up to me is a way to express yourself and make yourself feel pretty and girly. i also like both FB pages; colleen b.

Makeup to me means many things. First off, it means confidence. Makeup has made me believe that I am beautiful; because makeup gives me the opprutunity to look how I want too. It gives me the confidence to be able to go out into the world & voice my opinion without being insecure.

Second, makeup means medication! Whenever I'm having a bad day, I pop open my palettes and start creating different creations. It helps me express my creativity. For the 20 minutes I'm doing my makeup, I forget about all of the stress in my life. I'm definitely not as experienced & skilled as many of the women on here, but I am an average women who has a passion for makeup. I am not very rich, & cosmotolegy school is a bit out of my budget right now, however I still read every makeup book., and take all of the oppurtunities out there given to me. It'd be amazing to win these lip tars, since I would never have been given the opprutinity to purchase them. i've liked both fb pages. :)

Makeup is a form of BEAUTY for me! It's an everyday expression... I love it when I choose certain colors it reflects on my day.... Makeup will soon be my job but as of now its a hobby something that inspires me to keep going, its my PASSION and I love to do it on an everyday bases. I love how people all around the world use makeup in their own ways, certain things inspire different looks of mine... i like to look at colorful pictures in magazines, books, my mood at the moment, what i wear, cartoons and a lot more!! It the way of life!!!... well mine at least (I'm sure i am not alone on this)

Thanks for this opportunity<3 

Makeup is one of my favorite things. It is inspirational, soothing, exciting, beautiful, and moving. It is an expression of my life, mood, and passions. Makeup is my art form. It is an obsession, a love, a joy, a therapy, an essential, an accessory. It spans and enhances all emotion.

I use makeup to express myself, to appear presentable at work, to look attractive at a party, and most importantly, to feel confident and to love myself!

Makeup gives me the confidence that I've always lacked. It helped me realize that I don't have to be born with perfect skin and perfect lashes. Anything is possible!

To me makeup means freedom, creativity, and confidence.  Makeup gives me the freedom to express my self, whether it is dramatic or more natural. People know what I am feeling bases on my makeup.  It gives me a creative outlet, where the I can take inspiration from any and everything. Makeup gives me a confidence that nothing else has been able to do. When I go in to work and I get so many people who ask me "Who did your makeup" or "Where did you learn how to do makeup". It lets me know that I am getting better in my craft and that others are noticing.  It then gives me the confidence to try to do work for other people.  Cause if I feel confident about my own skills then my clients with feel confident in me.  My favorite brands vary and they depend on what my budget is.  I love Mac, Sugarpill, Magnolia Makeup, Revlon, Shiseido , Smashbox, Bare mineral, Urban decay, NYX and L'Oreal.

For me, makeup is one of my many outlets for creativity, but it's also a way to become a better version of myself. While I don't need makeup to feel beautiful, sometimes it just gives me that extra "oomph" I need to make it through the bad days. Just putting it on when I'm feeling crappy, and going through my routine, and having something to focus on makes me feel that much better, and I can't deny that once I have it on, even if my day started off badly, I know that I at least look good.

What does Make-Up mean to you?

Make-up is a way to express myself when I feel like changing up my routine. I love make-up despite not really wearing it all the time.

I follow on Twitter & Facebook. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> See signature for my links. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Makeup to me means I can play with my looks and create art. It makes my self esteem go up and even though it may sound shallow, it makes me feel more attractive. Depending on what types of makeup I'm wearing it can also bring a bit of color to my day. I also love to do my friends makeup for going out or photo shoots, fantasy makeup is always fun! I love the fact that you can change your whole face with the right products. In fact I love all types of makeup, from regular every day to extreme costume makeup. It's a works that I'm glad exists! Also liked both on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back