Opinions on Mary Kay products Please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend who recently signed up with Mary Kay and hosted a party at her house. While I only got to try samples of their make up, I at least liked the eye liner. 

Have you used Mary Kay products?

How do you compare them to OTC products?

How do you compare them to HE products?

I don't know if I should start buying make up from her or if I should look online for other options...I find it's cheaper through M.K. Am I sacrificing quality for price?

I used to use MK products back in the day, but just their skin care line and a couple of fragrances, but can't attest to the makeup (I may have tried a few shadows, but nothing that impressed me enough to choose them over my drug store products).

I remember really liking their skin care, as well as their lip prepping/exfoliating products. In fact now that I'm thinking about it I'll probably be checking it out tonight! I would compare their skincare products to HE from what I remember. (It was back in my broke college days so I had to discontinue use b/c I couldn't afford them!) It's tough when you have a friend and you want to help them out, but don't want to be pressured into buying boatloads of products that you don't need or won't use...

At the MK party she(my friend) hosted, we sorta did facials. Just a simple clean up, but I Loved everything I used. So I would have to agree with you on that. The cool part is she is going to sell to me at her cost! but shhh...

Thanks for the reply ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

^oooh nice. My lips are sealed ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's kind of what we did at my friends MK thing years back; we also went to an MK party/consultation at the MK office. It was kinda fun actually, not as high-pressured as the Dior counter LOL!

I liked their 3 in 1 cleanser.   It was called Timewise.  It worked well and left my skin super smooth.  I just thought it was a bit of a hassle because I had to find a rep to buy this stuff and my last rep never calls me back so I started using something else.

*cough, cough* shame shame on buying stuff at cost! That's a no-no. 
eusa_naughty.gif

LOL! Only kidding. 
laughing.gif

Their skin care line is amazing.

Their makeup, well, it depends...

I highly recommend their lipstick and lip gloss line.

I hate their mascaras.

I love the eye makeup remover and highly recommend it.

I use their mineral foundation and I like it.

I used to like their mineral eyeshadow - but now, I have secret affairs with UD and Too Faced. 

Their blush is good, their lip liners are great.

Um, let me see - well, If you have any other specific questions, I'd be more than happy to help.

My aunt is a Mary Kay consultent... whatever it is called.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And because of this, I get loads of the products!

Mary Kay's products vary in the quality... and or, just the products themselves. One reason I love Mary Kay is how they can really help you with finding the makeup that suites you best, even if thats not one of your talents! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The products tons of my older friends and family use is their TimeWise face products! They all work quite well so I hear, but since I am younger, I your Veliocty face wash and Light Mousturiser. After I use this, my face feels so light and clean! I Love the mouisteriser because unlike most others, it feels light, and weightless, other then wet, or a heavy sticky feeling. Mary Kay has a MKMen collection! So your hubbies and boyfriends can pamper their faces too! And us ladies not only can pamper our faces, but they also have wonderful *edited by mod* product, such as Satin Hands and Mint Bliss for your feet and legs!!  

Also for the summer they have new sades of the Tinted Lip balm sunscreen {$13} w/ a SPF of 15! I perfer Cherry, a brightish red. Also available are Berry, a darker purplely- red, Peony, and light pink, and Peach, a, well peach color! :3  My other fave products are the cream eye shadows, my favorite is Iced Cocoa-$13. And the cream blushes, I use Cranberry, also $13. And last, also limited for this summer, The Eye Shadow pen/ Eyeliner duo Pens {$16} I use the Bali Blue pen- slightly sparkly bright, tealy blue, With a brown eye liner! The two go perfect togeather!! The only Problam I have with these is I havent quite mastered applying them-  you have to draw some color on you lid, then quickly spred with your finger. Another problam I have with Mary Kay is the size of the eye shadows. They are quite small, but good qauility, and a fair price of 6.50!

Also with these, you pretty much have to buy a compact so they dont break : Besides that, I love Mary Kay from there Easy-in-the-morning, all day make-up , to the Rinkle Erasing, Acne Redusing face washes! Mary Kay truly has everything for you makeup amd pampering needs! If you dont have a Mary Kay concaultient near you, visit my aunts site *edited by mod*      Hope this helped you gals!! Thanks for reanding, and sorry for the bad spelling : :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back