Max Factor makeup sponges

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I used to be able to buy the Max Factor makeup sponges (the ones that you use with foundation) at drugstore.com, but they don't seem to have them anymore. Does anyone know of another source? Thank you!!

Thank you, I did see those, but the ones I'm looking for are one to a package and are oblong. I used to find them at Walmart when they sold Max Factor.

Max Factor is no longer sold within the US. This is why you're no longer able to find the sponges.

A few companies still have Max Factor in stock but anything new and you won't find it.

I too have been looking for these sponges. I have found some similar but would like to know what material was used in the original Max Factor. Does anyone know?

Me too.  Not sure why they don't carry them any longer.  I cannot find them anywhere.  They are the best.  If you find them..please email me. Thanks

Are you talking about the Max Factor natural sponges? Click here for one on Amazon, and there's another less expensive brand of natural sponge there too.

I've always used the Max Factor natural sponge for applying their Pan Cake foundation, works great for me.

I've seen small natural sponges available in Ace hardware stores, I wonder if they would work?

$20 for a tiny little sponge?!

Originally Posted by Carol D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you talking about the Max Factor natural sponges? Click here for one on Amazon, and there's another less expensive brand of natural sponge there too.

I've always used the Max Factor natural sponge for applying their Pan Cake foundation, works great for me.

I've seen small natural sponges available in Ace hardware stores, I wonder if they would work?

They used to be a lot less expensive, and I've had mine for a while. I periodically clean it with mild soap, and it's lasted for years. When I bought mine, it was much less expensive.

All prices on Max Factor stuff is high here now as it becomes more difficult to get.
frown.gif

I am a young woman in my 60's and all my life, as a redhead, I have had to use a foundation initially to hide my facial freckles.  I used the water based flat Max Factor tan #1.  Early on, I was given a silk natural sponge.  In the past year or so, I have checked all kinds of sources for this sponge and as you know - I CANNOT find any.  Is there anyone out there who may know where I can get my hands on one?  Am using an older one that really needs replacing. 

Jackie, there are a couple links to natural sponges to buy in post #9 in this thread. Amazon does have a Natural Silk Sponge too, click here.

I am also looking for the sponges. I have alreay given up on finding my only make up for the last 20 years... Pancake #2. I've tried other products, but.... YUK! I never felt like I was wearing make up before, so I will resort to a lighter shade. I just need to find the sponges to apply it. I have one, but.... I could replace it & have a back up before it is also discontinued.

Back