FOTD July 26, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MAC NC 44 Studiofix foundation

MAC prep+prime powder

MAC shroom E/S on lid embark on outer and Saddle on crease

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick Siren

UD liquid eyeliner perversion

MAC eyebrow pencil in stud

I am loving that foundation! I was just at the MAC counter Sunday, but I will have to wait till my next paycheck to grab the Studiofix. I reached $100 and all I bought was bronzer, a new brush (150) and the makeup remover wipes (100ct). I'm on a little budget and I won't let myself spend more than 100 per visit.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I save foundation for only special occasions because it feels heavy on my face in the summer.  It looks so good though!!!  Your complexion looks great!

@sara- so gorgeous! your skin is just glowing. i tried studio fix fluid & it did a number on my skin

entry for Napoleon Perdis giveaway. . . 

LeCosmetique's 20 palette concealer, 6 piece powder foundation, 10 palette blush 

TKB Red Lake #40 and Hot Step Mama

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama

Avon Glimmersticks Blackest Black

Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm

For the lip tar:)

I started off trying to do a wing and kinda screwed up and little bit so to make it work a little better and used my eyeliner to create "lashes" on my eyelids. Its not something I would wear out but her it was worth experimenting:)

Eyes:

Hot topic pallette (midnight) I used the black purple and white.

Almays intense I-color liquid eyeliner

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Beautiful looks ladies!

Eyes:

LA Colors Wildflowers palette

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Brunette

NYX Concealer in a Jar - Beige

ELF Eyelid Primer

NYX Super Fat Eye Marker - Carbon Black

WNW Megalast Eyeliner - Blackest Black

ELF Cream Eyeliner - Black

Covergirl Natureluxe Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

NYX Cream Blush - Hot Pink

Urban Decay Powder Blush - Quickie

Lips:

NYX Lipliner - Fuschia

WNW Megalast Lipstick 905D - Smokin Hot Pink

This is an older photo of me but it's way to hot out for me to do any makeup XD

Face:

Cover girl pressed powder in ivory

Lips:

Chapstick

Eyes:
NYC liquid eyeliner in black

NYC eyeliner pencil in black

Mac eyeshadow in carbon

Sally girl baked eye shadow in dark green but it def is more blueish

Sally girl mini shadow in matte white

Rimmel extra long lash mascara

Bonus entry for los liptars ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is how I do my smokey eye :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope you like it !

Things You'll Need Beforehand: (I'll post what I used below the following list :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BUT you can really use any brands you want, these are what work out great for me whether it prevents feathering, cracking, smearing, etc.!)

-  Foundation; Use as LITTLE foundation as you possible can! You want a THIN, EVEN layer.

-  Concealer; I use a light stick and then use a darker liquid because the stick gives full coverage, and the liquid blends it in.

*Mainly used to line/set my lip product, but you may use them both for blemishes or use the liquid to give your eyeshadow something to stick to*

-  Bronzer; I use a mousse bronzer, but you can use anything, even a dark matte powder or a dab of a dark foundation works :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know there's plenty of you out there who have bought products that don't match your skin color-I usually give make up I don't use to my friends, or figure out a way to work around it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *Only do this if you want to contour your face to look thinner/bring out your cheek bones*

-  Finishing Powder; preferably one tinted one or two shades from your natural skin color ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-  White OR Silver Eyeshadow; I used to use both, but now I just use white because I ran out of silver hahah.

-  Black Eyeshadow

-  Grey Eyeshadow

-  Black Stick Eyeliner; I use this to OPEN my eyes because my mom's asian.. so my eyes are shaped like almonds :|

-  Black Liquid Eyeliner

-  Black Eye Brow Pencil; again, this only applies to me because I started dying my hair black. (I'm growing it out now though!)

-  Lipstain; you can also use a lip liner with lipstick and lip gloss, but I use lipstain because it doesn't come off, and it isn't glumpy like 24-hour lip gloss. :)

Alright, so if you have all your make up already, all I wanna say is PLEASE use brushes. I bought all of mine from ecotools-you can get the basics for 10 bucks! but the whole set I combined in use was between 20 and 30 dollars. Also, I didn't use primer or mascara, but I'd recommend both! :) But ALWAYS start off with a clean face-use cold water to close your pores.

First, I used my foundation brush to apply my foundation (of course), then I puton my lipstain. Make sure your lips are soft/conditioned, take some vaseline and a toothbrush to brush off any chapped lips. Then, you want to use it little by little, rubbing it in (or better yet, use a little brush) until it's filled true to its color. (You may need to apply the lip balm a few times through out the day.) You don't want a thick layer, because it WILL clump, but contour your lips with your stick concealer, PATTING it in, and smudging the outer area to blend in. Then use your stick concealer on blemishes and around your nose (to cover redness), and use your concealer brush to layer in thinly, your liquid concealer. This will hide blemishes as well as make your lips POP. :) After that, you're going to want to put some liquid concealer on your eyelids (try to keep it to a minimum, just a drop), apply your bronzer on your cheeks andd set it all with your powder! I like to use a feathery powder brush and then set the rest with my mini kabuki brush, but try not to put the powder on your eyelids. It prevents smudging everywhere else, but here, it will make your eyeshadows color fade.

This is the easy part-once you get the hang of it. I apply the white eye shadow in high concentration on my eyelids, and then near my brow bone lightly. Then, I'll use my black eyeshadow to embrace the shape of my eye, and the grey to build on that-so they look bigger than they really are. You want your black eyeshadow to stop at the corner of your eye, and fade it in with the grey. The greay goes along the corner of your eye, and you need to blend it in before you apply more white to the corners of your brow bone. Lastly, you'll use your stick eye liner to line the water line (only the outward half) as well as outlining the rest of your eye with your liquid eyeliner (the inner half.)

I love this look, and I've worn it on a daily basis before, but now I just use it if I'm going out somewhere, not if I'm just going to be with friends or going to church.

Remember that when you use make up, it's supposed to enhance your features, so this might not necessarily be "your look"- I for sure know I've tried wearing styles that don't fit meh :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol.

Removing make up is just as important!! Here's my routine:

I just use Equate's make up remover on Ecotools reusable sponge/makeup removing pad, which also removes your lipstain-don't scrub til it hurts! Then I wash my face with warm water, use a cleanser on the sponge side rather than the cotton padded side, and after I wash it off, I take a wash clothe with some cold water, and pat my face down-both to dry, and to cool off.

Hope this helped someone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I AM SO SORRY I KNOW THIS IS LIKE REALLYYY LONG lol. I like to go in depth.

Ok I'm finally back.  It was the move from HELL!!  As soon as we got the truck back to our apt I dropped the 15 lb furniture dolly on my ankle and was limping all day.  It's still bruised 26 days later.  Then it took 12 hours to load up our apt because the walk from our old apt to the moving truck was about 250 ft (it was my idea to save money and move our stuff ourselves, BIG mistake never doing it again).  Then our car battery died when my bf made a quick run to the new place and we had to have it towed and have the battery replaced so that was like 3 hours wasted.  That delay then made us miss our fridge delivery and they couldn't redeliver for almost a week.  We had to throw out an entire fridge of food.  Then when we finally finished unloading at 1am (we started at 8am that day) I was sooo exhausted.  Then the next day they turned off the power at the new place because there was a mixup so I was stuck in a hot apt for like 4 hours until someone got out there to turn it back on.  Then I got the flu over the 4th weekend and was in bed with a 103 temp.  Then we missed the call from the internet/cable guy so we had to reschedule for the next day.  Then the next day he didn't show up and they had to re-reschedule for a week later.  Then he came back and the room to the electrical room was locked so we couldn't be hooked up.  So then a week we finally have internet... OMG right?   I'm probably missing like 10 other things that happened but yes I'm officially back now.  Ok on to my fotd!

Eyes:
Kleancolor palette turquoise color and WnW spoiled brat black

Almay I-liner

Lashes - Maybelline Lash Stiletto Blackest Black
Face:
Amazing Cosmetics Concealer

Brows: NYC Brow kit

@Macy:I really like what you did with your lash liner there

@Jean: You are so pretty in pink!

@Bonnie: I love your hair, the blue look goes perfect <3

My look for today

More pictures on my blog

[SIZE=x-large]Product List: [/SIZE] NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Black Beanâ€-All over lid Beauty From the Earth’s Moonlight-Brow bone Beauty From the Earth’s Sugar Daddy-Outter lid Concrete Mineral’s “Temptressâ€-Crease Madd Style’s “Illuminatiâ€-Upper crease/lower brow bone Unknown Pigment #5-Inner lid Maybelline New York Eye Studio Gel Liner in Charcoal- Waterline Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Bonnie, welcome back! That sounds like the last 3 times I moved between apartments LOL. When I bought my house last year I decided I wasn't moving again for at least 5 years.. moving is sooo miserable ugh!

@Katt your eyes look amazing.. love the colors and the wing you did on the bottom lash line.

Latest posts

Back