Naked Palette Vs. Urban Decay 15 Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay!!

My palette came in today from Sephora and I immediately started swatching.

If at first you thought that the Naked palette was similar to the Anniversary Edition (like I did) then I say, Nope. They are not.

Check it out:

Awesome packaging (Im such a sucker for good packaging)!!!

The lid hides a mirror on the inside:

At first it looks like Ace and Gunmetal are similar

Swatch:

Then Deeper and Smog:

Swatch: (Half Baked is the third one - for no real reason.) LOL

Here are the full set of swatches:

Oh, and lookie here...

Basically, while the colors look similar in pictures and even side to side on the pan - they are not, once applied the colors are quite different.

OH! So pretty I love how the box is reusable, it makes it all even more worth the money.  Great swatches, I love that pink one!

Those colors are AMAZING!!  I don't usually want to spend that much on one makeup palette, but oh how I want to spend it on this one!

I have to say, spending the money on this was a no brainer... Im really disappointed with their BOS 4 (price and extra products).

If I had to chose between the two, hands down it would be this palette.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks ! Hmm, but do i really need another palette ?
Yes.
6.gif
 Yes, you do!  Think of it this way, its more than just a palette of eyeshadows... its a box too!
smilehappyyes.gif

Aah ! Good, because my travel case is packed full
whistling.gif
. I already store my nail polishes and my Book of shadows 2 outside (well, it's not like it's easily stored anyway).

Im very in love with the naked palette, i got it over 2 weeks ago and i use it like everyday. The 15 Anniversary Palette is really nice, but I can't see myself wearing most of those colors.

i was considering getting this for a sec, but i decided to wait for the book of shadows iv. enjoy your new palette!! the colors look gorgeous!

I wish i could get my hands on this Muppets the Balm palette - i really love the Balm. such great quality.

it's $44, but limited edition, and there is only 1000 of these. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />((((

img from temptalia:

OMG!!! I LOVE the Muppets!!!

"Wocka, Wocka!" LOL!! I may just have to pick this up for the nostalgia of it... (not really, I've spent my budget on MU this month).

Did you see their Meet Matte(e) palette??.... how ingenious.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I

YES! it's so clever and cute! i love it! 
claps.gif

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!!! I LOVE the Muppets!!!

"Wocka, Wocka!" LOL!! I may just have to pick this up for the nostalgia of it... (not really, I've spent my budget on MU this month).

Did you see their Meet Matte(e) palette??.... how ingenious.

The packaging is amazing. Do you prefer the new colors that are "similar" to the Naked palette? I'm still in love with all the colors in the Naked collection...mmm.

Back