Wedding Makeup (My First Job!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today was my first official makeup artist job, and it was for a girl I went to high school with back in the day! She is naturally pretty, never wears any makeup or does crazy things to her hair (like me!) haha. Also, she requested NO mascara, as she does not like the way it makes her lashes look.

Anyways, she requested natural makeup to cover small flaws, along with simple eye makeup. She did not want shimmer and shine and drama that you see on others sometimes! Please review the photos and let me know what you think!

before!

after!

Thanks Bonnie! I'm moving back into school, so I'll have much more free time now. I used E.L.F. for a large portion of this look. I really am impressed with some of their makeup.

For sure! I used their $3 eyeshadows on the bride, and they stayed all day. I did use a base, but some of their cheaper shadows crumble away even with one.

Lol I've only tried their $1 eyeshadows :X  I am impressed with the ones I got though...only had a problems with a couple of the colors

Eh, I tried a couple of the $1 ones and my eyes were EXTREMELY displeased with me. They ate it like a snack and wanted more.

Also, I've done several people's makeup recently. I've started to get lots of the $1 liquid lipsticks. Whenever I use one on someone, I give it to them along with my business card at the end. Not a bad way to be remembered.

hahaha You know... I have super greasy lids but for whatever reason eyeshadow tends to stay in place, no matter what brand

Congrats on your first MUA job
claps.gif
.  I can't wait to get to that point. But, great job. I love when women go the natural route for a wedding. She looks beautiful. Congrats again and I wish many more jobs for you. 

Congrats on your first job!  Out of curiosity, is she going to be having professional photos taken?  If so, the flash may wipe out some of her color.  I think a bit of blush may help her look more refreshed, and filling in her brows would really frame her face nicely.

Thank you! It was so much fun. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Rocket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats on your first MUA job
claps.gif
.  I can't wait to get to that point. But, great job. I love when women go the natural route for a wedding. She looks beautiful. Congrats again and I wish many more jobs for you. 

Yes, she did have some taken! I'm afraid my camera isnt the best at picking up colors though. I used a light baby pink on her cheeks as more of a glow than a blush. We tried a slightly darker color in the trial and she hated the blush look. The brows werent really a focal point though! Thanks! Ill keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats on your first job!  Out of curiosity, is she going to be having professional photos taken?  If so, the flash may wipe out some of her color.  I think a bit of blush may help her look more refreshed, and filling in her brows would really frame her face nicely.

Congrats! I know that is a awesome feeling and you will always remember your first job. I really like the natural look for brides. You did a great job, My only suggestion would be a little more on the brows. They look good but a little more definition to the out side could draw natural attention to her eyes just be careful not to make them to dark. I really like the lip color you chose, very nice. A little more color on the cheeks might be nice, something matte that matches her skin but shows up just slightly. You may have done this but if it had shimmer it might not have shown in the pic. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Over all GREAT job!! 

This is exactly what I was thinking, especially the eyebrow bit. Regardless, she looks gorgeous. Congrats on your first job hun!

Originally Posted by sugarbumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree that she looks beautiful.  But she does look a bit washed out.  She does need more color on her cheeks, whether she realizes it or not.  Me, personally, wish brides would step out of the natural looks and out of the plain jane box.  I think it's boring.   But that's just my opinion and wish that more brides would be smiling big with some big colorful lips!   I'm not saying to go all out like she's clubbing, but it would be nice to see a bit more color on her and brides in general.  My husband said that he would prefer natural, and I told him, I wasn't natural when we got married, but he told me I wasn't over the top, it was just right.  And that's all I'm saying.  I'm very proud of your first job!  BIG CONGRATS!!!!  I can't wait til I'm ready to do brides.  I'm not wanting

Bridezillas, but I would take on natural and someone who wants more than that.  You did do exactly what she asked for, and she looks beautiful.  Good job!

Congrats on your first job! It can be difficult to make someone look their best when you have so many restrictions. I have to second the eyebrows as mentioned prior, other than that I think you did a great job! Did you darken her eyelashes with anything or just skip it since she said no mascara?

Back