Ocean Blue Eyes Tutorial - First Tutorial -

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​
This is my very first ever tutorial.​
I apologize now for my eyebrows. I really need to get them done. Haha.​
Anyways, Enjoy. 
 ​
OCEAN BLUE (Tutorial)
 ​
Here's the look
 ​
Step One. Apply Your Eye Primer.​
I'm using Pixi's Eye Bright Primer.....
 ​
 ​
Step Two
Apply a Cream Eye Shadow Base all over your lid.​
I am going to use Revlon's Cream Eye Shadow Quad in Black Magic.
I'm going to use the Matte White from that palette.​
 ​
 ​
Your eye should now look like this:​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Step Three.
Take a very light blue eye shadow, similar to the one I am about to show you and apply it all over your lid.​
Try to leave the inner corner of your eye with as much white as possible.​
I am using a palette by Aziza that I got at a dollar store a few years ago.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Then, take an eye shadow that is only a few shades darker than the light blue eye shadow you just applied and apply it to the crease of your eye. ​
Here, I'll show you the colors I used. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​
 ​
I used an L.A. Colors Palette I got from the local dollar store a while back. ​
The heart indicates the color I am currently using.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Then take a dark blue and apply it to the outer V and also to the beginning of your crease and blend.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Don't forget to put that dark color on your lower lash line. ​
Fix anything that has to do with your eyes shadow. Apply more if needed.​
 ​
When your done with that go ahead and line your eyes with eyeliner and apply your mascara.​
For my eyeliner I am going to use ELF's liquid eye liner in black and for Mascara I am going to use Hard Candy's Ginormous Lash Mascara Infused With Growth Serum.
 ​
 ​
 ​
The finished look.
 ​
 ​
THE END.
 ​
Comments are welcomed.​
I know I'm new to this and I'm sorry if my pictures weren't too good. ​
 ​

I think you did an awesome job for your first tutorial/FOTD!  You should be patting yourself on the back.  I love blue eye shadows and am never quite sure how to use them.  So It's nice to see a blue eye shadow tutorial! Way to go! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thank you. Both of you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was thinking of doing a sort of smokey purple eye next. But my skin color is a light brown so I'm not sure if it will look right but I will see. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you for your kind comments once again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love this look.  That revlon cream palette is SO pretty.  I haven't tried the revlon cream eyeshadow in YEARS.  How is it these days?  Also how are the aziza eyeshadows?

The Aziza eye shadows are good. I haven't bought anything from that brand lately but I usually use their colors for subtle looks good for school and professional outings. The Revlon cream eyeshadows I have to say are exceptional. They work with my eyeshadows to keep the color on.It was definitely worth 5$. I have yet to try the pink shadow though. I was thinking of trying it today and if the look came out good I was going to post a tutorial. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you for your comments. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm I may have to pick up an aziza palette next time im out lol.  So the creams don't crease?

I'm not sure how they will work for you but on mine they didn't crease. When I took a picture of the eyeshadows with flash the black had some green sparkles in it. They were very subtle though. I thought it was pretty nice. Revlon also has this palette of cream eyeshadows to match skin tones. I plan in buying that one very soon. @Ivette, thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow its looks really nice and i love it ..According to me you have done good work and well done.

Back