Stretch Marks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very few things that are applied topically to the skin will work, sorry. That´s why the vast majority of women have stretch marks and still have them after trying countless over the counter creams- they´re hard to get rid of! Stretchmarks appear due to elastin fibers that have been damaged by being overstretched...applying lotions on the surface of the skin is not going to solve a problem that lays in the dermis.

There is some benefit to massaging the skin with ANY kind of moisturizing lotion or oil several times a day (Vitamin E oil, Bio-Oil, Palmers Stretch mark cream etc) WHILE stretchmarks would form, i.e. during pregnancy or other weight gain. If you´re lucky you can prevent a certain amount of stretchmarks that way.

Once the stretchmarks are there, Retin-A (prescription required) is reported to have some benefit, but other than that there´s not much that actually works.

Laser treatments are a good option though, and maybe chemical peels (not sure though).

I fixed the title for you.  I've tried many products for stretch marks.  There are products that fade the red I believe but getting rid of them is almost impossible unless like Andi said you get laser treatment

Genetics also play a part on stretch marks... some people are prone and others - like me are not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

There really isn't a way to get rid of them on your own. 

It also helps to avoid them to begin with - no crash dieting!

Not much you can do with getting pregnant however.

A friend of mine spoke to a plastic surgeon about her stretch marks on her tummy.

He recomended a tummy tuck - definately will remove the stretch marks and tighten up loose skin.

Can you find a plastic surgeon that will allow you a free consultation, to discuss what will and what won't work for you?

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It also helps to avoid them to begin with - no crash dieting!

Not much you can do with getting pregnant however.
I actually didn't get any stretch marks until after I gave birth.  Breast feeding made me lose the weight so fast I got about 3 stretch marks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back