Dupe Alert! Wet 'n' Wild Dream Weavers: Dancing In The Clouds vs Urban Decay's Summer of Love Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I filmed a video on this but didn't get a chance to take pictures due to being distracted by my kids. lol In fact I had to film the video a few dozen times because they wouldn't give me 15 minutes to myself. Sheesh, go bug dad about the watermelon! LOL

At any rate, I noticed that Urban Decay's Summer of Love palette can be duped with Wet 'n' Wild's Dancing in the Clouds palette from the Dream Weavers collection!

This swatch pic is by Bonnie and can be found in the Dream Weavers swatch thread.

This image is from Temptalia.

I'll have side-by-side swatches tomorrow along with the video since I'm going to refilm that with natural light. I did not like how the video came out under the lamp lights. They don't look similar since the pictures were taken by different people and under different light condition but from my own experience the WnW palette is a 97% to 99% dupe with the purple being more matte in the WnW palette than in Flash while the gold and copper colors in the WnW palette is less glittery than Maui Wowie and Chopper.

Looks like all that's missing is the dark brown and I'm sure the purple is much more pigmented than the WnW.  I hate that purple blah

So I re-swatched and re-filmed when my batteries died. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now I have to wait for the batteries to recharge or use the laptop or my cellphone. I found that Smog (the 4th color in the palette) can be duped with the bronze brown from Comfort Zone (the 8-pan palette).

I have to agree that the purple from WnW is not as pigmented or as shimmery but if you layer it or apply it wet or over a good primer it does pop just as Flash does. The WnW version of Flash is more matte than Flash which is more shimmery.

I did my swatches, took the palettes to my husband and asked him if he could tell from looking at the palettes then the colors on my arm if he could tell which was which and he got the colors backwards picking the WnW colors as UD and vica-versa. Same with my eldest daughter.

Between Maui Wowie and Chopper I actually like the dupes more because it doesn't have the chunky glitter and is more of a simple shimmer.

Finally! Video and pics!

Forgot to mention in my video that I applied this partially wet and had foundation on my wrist/arm.

I'd love to take credit for all of it (of Flash, Maui Wowie and Chopper) but it was actually Liz at Beauty in a Boys World that noticed that those three could be matched. I did catch Smog's dupe though. I've been working all morning, so far, on duping Show Pony/Preen shadow box but found that Wet 'n' Wild did not make a Painkiller dupe and the greens they did make don't match Mildew (too dark, too light or not enough yellow). Two of WnW went mixed together does match Mildew though.

Latest posts

Back