What job does eveyone do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm starting my new job on Monday as a receptionist

what does everyone else do...?

Just got my License to do Phlebotomy. So I am hopeing to start Drawing blood soon!  

I work for the New York State Court System.  In the Courthouse I work in, I am the clerk for the county court, which means I get to deal with the criminal aspect of our court.  It's fast paced, high stress and very interesting work.  I love my job. 

I'm a warehouse supervisor for a concrete forms company. The only female also, but I like it.

I'm an independent insurance agent and I run my own agency.  I've worked in the industry since 2003 and finally decided to go into business for myself.  We are still in the growth phase and finally hit the "break even" point this year.  I love what I do and beleive I was a born salesperson, so it's amazing to me that I get to sell a product I truly believe in.

I can't even begin to list the things I do. 
ninja.gif
 I am a multitasking suppa ninja and complete 5 tasks in a blink of an eye!

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm an independent insurance agent and I run my own agency.  I've worked in the industry since 2003 and finally decided to go into business for myself.  We are still in the growth phase and finally hit the "break even" point this year.  I love what I do and beleive I was a born salesperson, so it's amazing to me that I get to sell a product I truly believe in.

That's so cool! It takes a lot of guts to start a business, and it's awesome that you guys are doing so well, especially in this economy.

I'm a junior graphic designer / communication designer - I specialize in identity/branding, annual reports, brochures, catalogues, websites, marketing material and advertising for both digital and print formats. And ever since being laid off - group lay off - I've been harassing companies since April. I've harassed about 60 so far, and received 6 interviews...

I did a 4 year degree after high school, then I went straight into being intern, then to full time work.

I sometimes feel down and beat up on myself - why is it so hard to earn a decent living? why are employers expecting more skills for less money? - but I think everyone has to go through this at some point in their lives - I am glad I am doing it now. I've gained excellent job hunting skills and got to see what else is out there.

I hope me being laid off is a blessing in disguise. I hope to work for a company that produces high quality ethical work.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

never give up!!!

I'm a stay at home mom as well.... although my kids are now 18 & 16 and are pretty independent so they don't need me as much as when they were younger. Mainly now, they just need my checkbook. 
sadno.gif
  Several years ago, medical issues made it almost impossible for me to hold down a regular 9-5 job so I decided to stay home and rest, taking care of me so I could be the best mom and wife I could with all the problems that went along with my medical problems.  This allows me, however, to do what I LOVE which is write about makeup, glamour and fashion for MakeupTalk and I couldn't be happier to be a blogger on here.

Over the years, though, people would be surprised at the WIDE spectrum of jobs I have done. Receptionist, accountant, manufacturing warehouse manager, cashier, cocktail waitress, physical therapy assistant, medical biller, makeup sales rep, sports radio cohost, and a hot talk radio afternoon drive host. I can change a tire, snake a clogged drain then turn around and design an outfit and do the makeup to go with it. 

"Jane of all trades..... master of MANY!"  LOL

Another jane of all trades here

Student

Professional Photo Editor

Engagement and Pet Photographer

Amateur Model Photographer

Web Designer and Game Coder

Online seller, I have two stores. I sell custom makeup palettes on etsy and beauty products on the other.

Oh and part time waitress on weekend.

Back