Hobbies - do you have any?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering who has hobbies that they enjoy?

I have a few.  My biggest one is making my own jewelry, or "playing with beads" as my family has dubbed it.  I love to make my own necklaces, bracelets and earrings.  I find it very relaxing.  I do it just for the fun of it...mostly for myself.  I do make some gifts and very rarely do I make things to sell.  I've had a few ladies at work commission me to fix things for them or make things from scratch for them.  I don't find that as enjoyable as just doing it for myself, as there is an element of stress involved as to whether or not they'll like what I've made.  Luckily, nobody has been disappointed yet. 

I also enjoy photography.  This hobby came about when I was huge into scrapbooking.  As a scrapper, I began to pay better attention to how I was taking pictures and what I was taking pictures of and that manafested into the hobby of photography.

I still do papercrafting from time to time (scrapbooking and making my own cards)...but that took a back seat to making my own jewelry.  I still have all the supplies necessary for the papercrafting if I ever get bored with beads. 

How about everyone else?

I make soaps, skin creams and foundation.  I also like photography and gardening and doing renovations. When I have any time left, I am on this site :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to love to make jewelry specially earring and slave bracelet. After it dies down I start scrapbooking. Right now I'm able to sell some paper craft on etsy. I'm loving it =)

I play the piano, i love extreme sports, eating! that's always a big one lol... yoga...

blogging? I suppose.....

Not sure if experimenting in the kitchen would be considered a hobby but I do it frequently and love it. Photography as well.

I design, make and sell jewelry to make extra money ^^

I draw manga and anime

I do synchronized swimming and compete in coastwide tournaments

I can't think of more right now XP

-making pictures / photography, including lomography....the way of hipsters!

-exercise and gym

-tumblring and blogging, i have 5 tumblr blogs. lol

-collecting beautiful books, ephemera, magazines, etc.

-shopping and makeup

I sculpt out of polymer clay, sew, do needle punching, knitting, ect... I pretty much live for crafting, haha!

Nature photography and nature study in general, but I haven't done much of it this summer, too hot and humid for me. I also enjoy playing guitar and have been a video game player since ever since they were invented.

I like reading very much and going to the cinéma. I play the piano and cello. It is not a pass time but I am a trained ballet dancer, I love to dance.

good question. i like it! I play guitar and bass, write poetry, read, play video games and a really fun (though tragically mostly out of production) card game based on marvel and dc comic characters. I'm a geek. And i'm proud haha

YIKES... this is a tough one...

Giving myself mani's and pedi's

Of course makeup and skincare

I love writing reviews on yelp.com. I'm an Elite Member yeeyuuuh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been into scrapbooking for almost 10 years

I'm a HUGE local tourist. Every free weekend, I try to discover new things locally

Recently, I've fallen in love with my Nikon D3100. I love taking pictures, tho I'm not that good at it lol

Definitely a foodie. I love trying new places, but I super turned off when it's nasty; therefore, I "yelp" it. Idk if eating a lot counts as a hobby :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Absolutely love traveling. I just got back from Hawaii and was completely taken back by it's beauty. Hopefully, Paris in January for my bday
luv.gif

I love sewing, gardening, playing piano.  Photography is a big hobby of mine (like the OP, got inspired through Scrapbooking).   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have so many hobbies, actually...some are long lasting (like the ones listed) and some are "whim" hobbies...that I get in to and then forget about soon.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love traveling to the strangest places. Places that the average tourist won't go, which involve some kind of so-called 'danger'. I am the first person who wants to go to places which people tell me I can't or shouldn't go to, for whatever reason, and the first person to ask WHY.

Computers, internet, digital graphics, search engine optimization. Although this isn't really a hobby. It's my job and has been for quite a while now. Started making websites a long time ago. Maybe 13 years ago or so. Around then.

I cook a lot. Have always loved this. Especially when learning to cook other traditional cuisines. Love Indian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Japanese, Ethiopian foods, and so many more.

I make/sell a lot of 100% natural products for the skin, hair, for pain, etc. I used to be a cold process soap maker and actually made very good dosh from that at one time. Gave it up to move overseas to Indonesia.

Learning all I can about herbs, essential oils, natural raw ingredients. Love mixing up new batches of stuff/products, especially when they work out perfectly or even better than I had planned and I and everybody I test them on loves them.

Snorkeling in tropical waters. Have been known to do this til my lips are blue from cold after hours of 'wandering' in the ocean. Yes, tropical waters will lower your body temperature a great deal. Luckily for me, I haven't yet run across sharks, although I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Love my puzzle books! Have been doing whacks of logic puzzles during this holiday. Have really missed doing them.

Reading reading and more reading. I prefer non-fiction, but won't throw a good novel aside.

Love watching documentaries, although I wouldn't necessarily call this a 'hobby', I guess.

Picking herbs out in the bush, believe it or not. I love going out and getting my own 'medicinal' plants to use in my products. Fresh is always best. It also contributes to my knowledge of plants and allows me to quickly identify them where ever I might see them. Most people just buy all their stuff, which robs them of this knowledge. It's easier, but it doesn't teach them anything about wild harvesting.

i figure skate, exercise, blog, read about politics and nutrition...a lot of things. i really like to try new sports, i love winter sports especially. skiing is so much fun and i'm totally trying snowboarding this winter. i like to horseback ride too.

My longest lasting hobby, sadly without any photos of my progress/change in bike style, is Road cycling.  To date I have owned more bikes than cars.  Seven bikes, two Lambrettas - from the days of Mods and Rockers, circa 196x - and two cars that I loved to death.  The mostest one being the big Merc 280 SE with the in line headlights.  That was really my third hobby.  Photography came in between as the second one and still lasts.  The same cannot be aid for either the cars or the Lambrettas.  Now I am strictly a bike person.

First Camera was a Kodak with bellows, progressing through the Leica - my first was a post war Russian made copy - and before the digital era hit, there was my Pentax SLR from around 1980.

Swimming, wild swimming - continues with hill walking and in season, fungi gathering.  Which produces my other hobby, cooking the wee things.

Winter evenings and I am with my Lp collection of Classical and Renaisance music.

~Samm

My favourite hobby is riding my Toyota and go for along drive.It make me refreshed all day long.

Back