Colon Cleansing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My family, including myself, have always had digestive issues one way or another. Due to this I tend to keep a fairly healthy diet including fresh fruit, veggies, grains, etc... I have been taking 2 pills per day also from the Dr Max Powers 15 Day Cleanse. One when I wake up and 1 pill about 8 hours later in the afternoon. My bowel functions have regulated and become easier. I do not feel any nausea upon taking these pills on an empty stomach and the pills do not have a strong taste or after-taste. I have also felt a slight change in energy level. I am usually a bit fatigued and sore due to anemia, but lately I have been feeling less fatigue and a bit more energy. So far there is nothing I do not like about this product and I intend on keeping up with my daily routine.

I haven't heard of Dr Max Powers 15 Day Cleanse. They might not be sold in Canada.

What exactly are the ingredients in these pills?

I tend to get constipated very easily! In fact, a standard diet (not overly healthy, not overly unhealthy) will automatically make me a bit constipated. It´s been that way since I can remember, until I realized that I just need a lot more fiber than others to help my lazy digestive system out lol.

Fiber pills didn´t work for me (although I only tried 2 brands), and I wanted to find a way to get more natural fiber in my diet. What works for me is ground flax seeds (for some reason the ground kind works a lot better than regular or milled seeds) added to my morning oatmeal and my afternoon yoghurt. That along with fruits & vegetables and overall small meals, which digest faster & easier. Eating less simple carbs (white bread, white pasta) has also helped a bit in terms of digestion, but even more so in terms of reduced bloating.

I´m wondering as well though, what´s the ingredients in those pills?

Here is the ingredients list :

Psyllium is a soft laxative for intestines (natural soluble fiber from plantain), Senna is purgative, Cascara sagrada and aloe vera gel are also laxative, flaxseeds contain pectin, the L. acidophilus is a friendly bacteria, licorice root works apparently to prevent stomach issues (gastritis, heartburn). The captex 300 oil is an oil complex coming from fractioned coconut oil apparently, but i couldn't find much about it.

It seems like a nice product, a blend of traditional plants, but it's targeted towards constipation issues, if you digest very quickly, i would avoid it.

For constipation, you can also buy charcoal at your pharmacy, it works very well.

Andi, you have to grind up flax seed to get the benefits. If you eat it whole, it will go right through you...

Thanks Magsosienne

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Andi, you have to grind up flax seed to get the benefits. If you eat it whole, it will go right through you...

Thanks Magsosienne

lol no wonder eating the whole seeds didn´t really do anything. They don´t taste the great either!

what...girls don't poop...

but in all srsbsns all of the above works. also check out a vitamin store, colon cleansing products and digestive enzymes are a couple things we sell the most.

I personally would rather take flaxseed oil. I just can't take the taste of ground flaxseed. The oil taste a bit like walnuts to me.

I usually eat banana and orange, eating all of it. The white threads on the orange helps in cleaning the colon actually and it works good on my side. Try it too.

No two people are the same, but I've always had a sensitive stomach and have never had any problems taking The Lady Soma Fiber Cleanse over the last few months. I initially purchased a bottle as part of a new fitness regimen, and my results were regular and ... voluminous. (The first few days were particularly ... productive.) Never any diarrhea, never any bloating. Just the best digestive health and regularity of my life, though keep in mind I'm pairing its use with better diet and regular exercise. Can't recommend this stuff highly enough.

I guess those  pills are organic in composition. I recommend drinking wheat grass juice regularly.It helps in aiding difficult bowel movement.

Those ingredients sound great for a cleanse. Licorice root is one of the ingredients in a tincture my naturopath recently gave me and it's really good for the body. My cortisol levels were in the toilet causing me to be extremely fatigued so he gave me that mixed with several other herbs. Psyllium doesn't work for everybody that well. Definitely doesn't for me. Senna is spectacular for regulating digestive problems. Works very fast with no side effects I've ever experienced. My husband has had numerous digestive issues since moving to canada. I've given him decoctions of senna with no problem. Aloe is very healing to the digestive system and flax seeds build up a natural gel like substance on their surface when mixed with water. If they're not grinded, yes, they'll blow right through you. Grinded, you'll get the benefits of their natural oils into your system as well. One of our neighbors - an older couple - rave about how great colon cleanses make them feel. Some people swear by them. And if you're looking for a great, powerful mix of 'friendly bacteria', AOR makes a great mix in capsule form. It's got more than just acidophilus in it and is far more potent than other brands I've looked at. My naturopath swears by their stuff.

Hello,

I think you should consult with doctor because he/ she will gave you the write suggestion, and please stop eating junk foods because it can harm your body.

Back