What's Worse?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on how light or how dark.   They both look bad.  Slightly lighter looks slightly better than slightly darker because your face is generally lighter than the rest of your body because it gets exfoliated more and cosmetics tend to prevent the face from tanning as much as the body.  

Very true, I just find it annoying when people don't find time to pick their foundation colour carefully, but maybe the foundation brand didn't hold their colour, I don't blame them. I've been in that situation before.

I would say darker is worse.

I think lighter is worse because it can make a person look sick. In flash photos the darker makeup will wash out a bit and look natural on camera... but not always.

I think its lighter foundation...cos they look like a ghost and also the lighter colour emphasises the whole face so its abit diff to avoid not noticing it.  I have been in this situation before lols....

I think darker, both look horrible but if it's only SLIGHTLY different than the rest of their body, it's not really a problem.

Kind of split on this one. It depends on how well it's blended, as well as where. For example, my forhead is WAY darker than other areas, such as my lower jaw and neck area. So, I combine/mix foundations to make everything work. If you like a darker/bronzed look, go for it! Just make sure to blend!

BOTH! I have a friend who wear foundation that's 3-4 shades darker.. she's very pale but she wants a tan... it looks.... ODD

I have another friend who wants to be lighter... evenly awkward. same with people wearing a shade too pink/ too yellow

Im one of those lucky people who no drug store brand matches my skin tone x( so i always have to wear a tinnest bit lighter then my skin. but i am a yellow not a pink so i have to cover EVERYTHING and drug stores only carry ivory in a pink tone

My face is lighter than the rest of my body because, like divadoll said, my tanner doesn't take to my face as well as the rest of me. So I always use foundations that are darker than my actual skin tone. As long as it's blended into the neck, you can't even tell.

Foundation should match perfectly to the skin tone, However. If you can manage to make either options look natural, and transform something, that's always fun, it's very tricky.

But as an everyday look, i'd have to say both would be horrible, darker maybe a little worse than lighter..but yeah both bad.

Back