New foundation ? or needing a primer?Matt Bronzer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently moved to London from the North East and its been comfortably warm since moving here the beginning of July iv only worn a jacket twice.

Now I use Revlon Color stay in Ivory applied with a damp sponge. This is how I applied up north. The foundation looks fine when first applied but once iv been out sometime less than an hour it doesn't look good.

The warmth is making me sweat which I think its the problem.

Should I change my foundation or invest in a primer? If so can anyone suggest a reasonably priced on in the uk?

I am also considering trying a BB cream.

Final question I promise im looking for recommendations for a matt bronzer? I dont want any shimmer at all.

Thanks alot

As far as a matte bronzer--I like Laguna beach by NARS, as well as Dior's bronzer pallets ( they are a complete bronzer and highlight palette and come in a few different shades (light to dark).

In regards to getting sweaty, unfortunately skin > makeup and will get its way. However, you could try using a cream foundation (oil separates from water). Graftobian makes nice ones as well as RCMA. They take a bit of practice to custom blend, but once you get the hang of it they are amazing. 

For liquid foundations, my favorite is Makeup Forever Professionals Matte Velvet Foundation. I don't get nearly as oily with this. I use LORAC's primer as well.

Best of luck!

Back