#$*%! Bill Gates and his X-Box 360

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That little #$%&*@(* Bill Gates and his evil X-Box 360.

I stood in line for an hour and a half this morning, (light by some standards) and was able to get the X-Box for my husband for Christmas. Did I get the one I wanted, NO. I could only get the lesser version because Microsoft didn't send a bunch to the stores. Why, you ask? Because he want's to create a hype over these things. They are selling on Ebay now for $700 to $3000. That's NUTS!

A woman at the back of the line offered a $1000 for a place in the front of the line. INSANITY!

Today's motto- Microsoft sVcks!

Sorry....needed to rant!

Rant away girl.. So did you end up buying the lesser version or are you gonna hold off until more are released? Dont give in to the hype girl.. Wait til it all dies down and then get it!

Yes, I ended up buying the lesser version because they only had 10, yes ten, to sell and I was number 10.

I figured I could always return it, but I better get it while I had the chance, just in case.

I can always get the hard drive (maybe) to add to the Core system to upgrade it to the higher platinum system that he wanted. Or HE can get it after Christmas and after all they hype.

aww, i'm sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

$1,000 to get first in line?! i woulda let that woman cut me.

oh, and screw xbox. i'm happy with my super nintendo.

Not to be rude or anything, but I don´t blame Gates, he just wants to make money (hey why else would he be in buisness), the crazy ones are everyone else - is it really THAT important to get it at once??? Sorry but I don´t get it, it´s the same thing with standing inline for movie tickets all night just so you get to see it first, I would never do that. Waiting a couple of days (or weeks for that matter) won´t kill me. Sure if its something I really want to see, I want to see it as fast as possible, but I would never thing it would be worth all that.

I can´t blame Gates (or its probably his PR-section), he´s just being smart. Creating a hype over it will surely increase the sales.

Well I guess thats me, but I really have a hard time understanding the importance we sometimes put in stuff that don´t really are that important.

One guy in my class went to Japan, just to get the PSP as soon as possible!!

//Jenny

Dang that is crazy! My husband wanted one too but I told him he will just have to wait. Maybe I will get him one for his birthday. It's in June!!!!:icon_lol: Maybe by then they will be a little less on demand.

I dont even want to think aobut the x-box...i preordered the better version wit everything in september for my bf's birthday and they said it could be until 2006 til i get it because microsofts shipment was less than the ythought it'd be! :icon_twis i've paid for it and everything...i was so mad. No point in returning my money b/c its not liek anyone can get them now.

jupp! But he had it first LOL

he did buy some other "toys" as well while he was there, but the main reason the PSP.

I think I have more of these "maniacs" in my class than most, since we´re studying Computer Science with specialization in Gamemaking and Interaktive programs LOL

//Jenny

Exactly. In the case of 'Christmas shortages', retailers and manufacturers will always take advantage of Christmas shoppers who are determined to buy the perfect gifts. Pair these shoppers with the classic marketing strategy of short supply and the manufacturer is guaranteed the product will fly off the shelf. Why? Well, let's put it this way. If you know a certain product will always be available on the shelves, you're more apt to hold off from buying until there's a sale or for when you have available funds. Now, if that same item is rumored to be hot selling and may not be available due to high demand, you're more likely to buy it asap to beat out the competition and even pay more than it's worth. Remember Beanie Babies? People were spending $500 or more at Christmas-time for a teeny piece of stuffed, cheap fabric because they were 'indispensable' to kiddies and so freakin' rare (thanks to the manufacturers). :icon_roll

Kinda sounds like the Cabbage Patch Doll phenomenon when they first came out! lol People beating each other up to get ahold of one. Its crazy! :icon_eek: And I like how they make 2 versions of this Xbox... so you either spend a ton on the "higher end" one... or a lot on the "lower end" one, but just as much upgrading it. And what is so miraculous about this thing anyway? Leo has PS2, my brother has the regular xbox, what does this one do besides have a hard drive? Is it made of Platinum? Diamonds? Does it cook you breakfast? Do your laundry? Maybe if it did I'd sleep in a parking lot to get a good spot on line or offer someone $1000 to cut up front!!! lmao

I dont really understand. They are getting another shipment before Xmas and after the holidays the prices will drop down. Besides that, the stores told how many consoles they had available.

Wow, that's crazy!! I know our youth group kids were camping out to get it. I can't believe they would willingly withhold their product just to create hype. Oh wait, it's Bill Gates, yes I can! It's amazing how companies will screw their customers just to make extra $$.

You can get the hard drive but it comes out more expensive buying it separate than buying it already installed. I know b/c my friend is a big gamer geek. He does his research as soon as the specs are available to know what is worth buying and what is not.

All I can say in reference to the whole situation is that people like what they like.......and if that's what you really want, go for it, it's your money. Hey, you only live once......enjoy it.:clap

Yee-haw, I have my original Nintendo still! Super Mario 3 is the best :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep, I would rather have $1000 than a stupid game console.

Back