One for All Foundation Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Somehow I got duped into signing up for the Zoe Report.

I don't hate her, I just can't afford anything she talks about - so why bother.  Well, I meant to cancel the subscription and forgot to so today I get this in my email:

Brush Crush

Of equal importance to the cosmetics you put on your face is the application process you carry out! After all, the perfect brush, blender or sponge can makeup or break up your beauty look. To experiment with this theory on your own, I implore you to try my new brush crush, Shiseido's Foundation Brush.

Going where few cosmetic brushes have ever gone before, this innovative tool is unique in that it's designed to be used with all foundation formulas—make that liquids, creams and powders! Featuring carefully tapered synthetic bristles that are positioned at an angle, it promises to reach all facial contours for a pristine finish. Plus, the short handle and compact style allow for easy traveling too. Totally obsessed! Want to create a flawless face on your next date night out? Use Shiseido's brush along with your go-to primer, foundation and concealer...I promise you'll leave your beauty mark! xoRZ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay - something I can wrap my fingers around... but would I want to?

My brushes each have their functions.  Each are shaped to do a specific job and I just can't see myself using this brush as a one for all type deal...  Really - liquid foundation??

What's your take??

Looks like a stippling brush to me. I use my fingers to apply primer, and a smaller brush for concealer, so i doubt i would need or use this brush for all three.

Although interesting, i think a foundation brush relies too much on personal preference, so nay for me.

Kinda looks like the ELF Powder Brush to me, which I always use to apply my powder foundation. It works amazingly well. I wasn't a believer in using that type of brush for liquid until I tried it.

It looks like this brush would eat a lot more liquid foundation than it would actually apply to your face... I wouldn't buy it.. im not even sure I would use it if it were given to me for free.. 

I would actually purchase this if I wasn't so enamored by the e.l.f. studio powder brush.  It looks well made and 30 US bucks isn't that expensive.  I would swap my MAC 187 for that brush.

Looks an awful lot like Cargo's Magic Brush, which is recommended for all consistencies of makeup and provides that seamless airbrush look too.

Any synthetic brush can be used that way.  I personally love it and have used it for 3+ years, but it's not for everyone.  I like those dome shaped flat top brushes too for the same reason.

I'm pretty happy with my flat top synthetic. I use it mainly for loose mineral foundation, but occasionally I wet the brush and brush on the minerals.

I actually have this shiseido brush... to be honest.. i LOVE it.

However, I don't have much to compare it to. I've been using a sponge.... a normal liquid foundation brush .... a stipling brush for mineral make up.... or just my fingers.

I started using this brush for my liquid and powder foundation.... it was so damn even, the application process was twice as fast.

I haven't tried any other buffing brushes, but in comparison with my previous foundation brush, this was a winner. I guess if you're happy with your current brush, stick with it. if you're looking for a top foundation brush, this one is reputable.

Oh and um.. barely any fall outs.

Originally Posted by KaeceeLove /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks like this brush would eat a lot more liquid foundation than it would actually apply to your face... I wouldn't buy it.. im not even sure I would use it if it were given to me for free.. 
lmao!! For the extremely rare times I use foundation I use a latex sponge

Even though the brush is billed as an all for one, it really is for cream to powder foundations. Shiseido has an excellent cream powder but the sponge that comes with it quickly gets a coating and then doesn't lay down the product correctly. The brush differs in that it is soooo butter soft, but very dense and picks up product well and buffs well. I find many brushes that are that soft don't pick up product well or are not firm enough to buff with. I am looking for a cheap dupe since 30 is more than I want to spend....

I get her emails as well. She's too into expensive designer things that we normal people can't afford. Granted she also does a "in a parallel world" but still she tends to forget we mere mortals don't get free stuff like she does.

The Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush is AMAZING! It is my favourite brush ever! It is suitable for applying foundations, not primer or concealer as some people wrongly mentioned in the posts above. It can be used on liquid, powder or cream foundations. However, it works best on liquid and cream foundations.

The bristles follow through every curve of the face and allow an even distribution of the product. You will find that you will use far less product than with a normal brush because the brush prevents product from travelling up the bristles and getting clogged in the metal funnel. In turn, you will save more product and more money from this investment.

The only problem I have with this brush is that it's hard to wash. I haven't perfected a way of washing the brush yet since the makeup I use has quite a high water-resistance factor. I've been told that leaving it in mild detergent with water overnight does the trick though.

So in summary, this is one of the brushes that you really have to try to feel just how amazing it is. The product will not clog or spread unevenly on your face. Having this brush will pretty much make you feel and look like a makeup artist!

I love my flat top foundation brushes for applying liquid, cream & stiffer wax-based foundations. I got mine from Sigma, part of their SigMax line (I believe). I've got the F80, F82 & several others made with these synthetic bristles. I don't find they 'eat' my foundation at all. Probably because they're not made with natural hairs. And they're very affordable. $16 each. None of mine have ever shed, they're soft as a baby's bum, and wash out beautifully. They also never stain. Definitely check Sigma's brushes out. The F80 is exactly like this one in shape. I did get doubles of some of them for cream & liquid blushes, as well as cream & liquid highlighting & contouring products, simply because it takes too long for them to dry in between washings. I also don't want my blush mixed in with my foundation or contouring products. There's also the option of Real Techniques brushes, which I also love. They come in sets of 4 or 5, in a case, for less than $20 in my country. Even cheaper than Sigma, and very good quality. Soft, well made, no shedding, also with synthetic bristles. I bought the 'foundation set' with 4 brushes & I love them all. There's even some great brushes in there for concealer. They're the first concealer brushes I've fallen in love with.

Back