Raccoon Eye

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else get raccoon eye within a couple of hours of putting on eyeliner?  I'm not sure if it's the eyeliner I'm using, ( sephora brand ) or something else.  One person told me it's genetics and there is nothing I can do about it?

Does anyone know any way, ( or brands to use ) to reduce it?

Thanks

Colormeup

Ever tried adding black or brown shadow on top of your liner to "seal" it? That can help a lot. HTH.

Do you touch, rub and/or wipe your eyes? That's the most common thing

Also if you sweat or cry the liner runs. Oily skin can be a contributor. That's all I know.

I used to.. but then I started using gel eyeliner.. almost all pencil smudges for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I haven't found one that stays.. I also put primer down before I put on liner.

It can be the liner, yes, but before try setting it with a matching eyeshadow (trick you can use on the upper lid as well), and although i was told it's not very useful, i also apply a tiny coat of UDPP on the lower lid, because i do think it helps. The only times my liner melted is when i forgot it ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use a liner I know sets well too, but I definitely also "set" it with powder AND use an eye primer wherever I'm going to be wearing my eye makeup. 

TRY PUTTING ON A LIGHT OR VERY GOOD CONCEALER UNDER YOUR EYES FOR BRIGHTENING EFFECT BEFORE PUTTING ON YOUR EYELINER....AND U CAN TRY REVLON EYELINERS, THEY STAY PUT ALL DAY AND NIGHT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree about the gel liners, liquid liners and setting your pencil with a shadow.  The last is my new favorite trick- for a fun evening look, I'll use a shimmery gold or silver shadow instead of one that's close to the shade of the liner.  

Latest posts

Back