Collective Nouns

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=medium]The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]collective nouns for the various groups of animals.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, a Murder of [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]of all primates. And what is the proper collective noun for a group of [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]baboons?  [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Believe it or not ....... a Congress![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out o[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]f Washington![/SIZE]

LOL!! Absolutely perfect.

Dream, I'm so glad you are OK.  I was wondering if we would see you for the next few days.  How is all in your part of the world?

I've had no power since Sunday morning. The winds were really strong Sunday afternoon into the evening.  We held out at home okay and everyone is well.  Candle light dinners and Harry Potter marathon kept us all entertained.

Starting the grill and keeping it hot during a wind storm is not easy tho... but we managed.  The generator kept the fridge cold and I was able to plug in the coffee machine and rice pot without too much hassle.

Rumor has it the power will go back up tonight.  The hardest part will be getting everyone hot showers.  I was thinking of bringing in the kids to work so they can shower here.  We'll see if the power is still out later this afternoon.

So glad you all fared the storm well.  Love your dining room set by the way and the wall color reminds me of the color I painted my dining room once! Anywho, really am glad you and yours are all ok.  I thought about you all weekend and had my fingers crossed for you.  Down in my part of the world, we are pretty used to these storms.  We have hurricane parties and grill everything in the freezer just in case the power is out for a while!  These days we hang out at my parents because they have a whole house generator that keeps EVERYTHING runnin!!  Even the AC!

Thank you soo much for the well wishes and prayers.

We thought about the whole house generator at one time, but we normally dont loose power... Our storms generally arent that bad - the worst is our snow storms, but they have never cause a power outage.  SO, no full house generator for us.  Just a little one to keep the food good. 

The wall color was not my choice - I wanted a wedgewood blue and the guy at my local Benjamin Moore dealer suggested "James River Gray."  I was hesitant, especially when the paint went on - I was like "OH MY GOD" - then it dried to this perfect blue!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  It's a deeper gray than wedgewood - perfect pairing with the walnut furniture. I love my B.M. dealer.  We've been slowely painting the whole house in B.M. colors with an eggshell finish.  The trim is in Dove Tail White in a Pearl Finish... its amazing!!  Highly recommend B.M.

Latest posts

Back