Need guidence

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies I am back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I came on her a long time ago  lol

Anyways I had a question. I have small eye lids and my space between eye lids and eye brown is large. I try to copy eye shadow looks I see in magazines or books. It never comes out looking right.

Any tips or videos to share ?

Last night I eye lined eye with a darker shade of  eye shadow it looked pretty good ( I never do this) I tried shading the rest but I think I would look like a clown if I shaded all the way to eye brow.

I will practice some more and maybe post pictures

here is a picture of my eye shape if this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have small hooded eyes so I feel your pain. I will not wear eyeliner unless its a super thin line as i have found that really closes my small lids in. Also practice with "winging" your shadow up and out just a tad. It will open you lids and make your brow bone and lid seem a little more even. I hope this helps!!

I looked on YouTube for a while and I ran into this girl, she's absolutely gorgeous and she has quite a bit of makeup tutorials you make want to check out! I think I'm going to sub to her, as well. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I lived closer to my boyfriends family, I'd ask them (they're Vietnamese) but I can't sadly so I have no advice that I know of! I hope this helps you somewhat..check out her other vids because her trick here worked very well! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bP9HN55wwc&feature=related

You have a different eye shape then mine, but I also have a huge space between my eyebrow and my crease. I generally just go into the crease & feather out a tiny bit higher, but don't go to the brow unless i am doing something really dramatic. Day to day though, you can generally just do 1-2 shades just on the lid and get away with it pretty easily. Practice will help though, just play around & you will find a easy way to make tutorials and shadow looks you see in books/magazines work for you.

Originally Posted by xNadia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looked on YouTube for a while and I ran into this girl, she's absolutely gorgeous and she has quite a bit of makeup tutorials you make want to check out! I think I'm going to sub to her, as well. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I lived closer to my boyfriends family, I'd ask them (they're Vietnamese) but I can't sadly so I have no advice that I know of! I hope this helps you somewhat..check out her other vids because her trick here worked very well! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bP9HN55wwc&feature=related
Nadia that really helped ! I will try her method and see what I come up with. Shortly after I posted I practiced some more and its looking better.

Actually you're on the right path with lining with eyeshadow... Here is a tutorial for small eye - makeup-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGSlSScajpQ

I have small eyes, and I use a pencil brush or an angled brush, I line with bronzy or brown or neutral shades, sometimes dark, and then blend out, giving the appearance of a smoked out effect....Don't do too much crease color or dark colors on the lid.  It will push down the eye..stick with concentrating the color on the lashline.

Wonderful!! 
biggrin.gif
 I'm glad I could help. :-]

Originally Posted by Nievesgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nadia that really helped ! I will try her method and see what I come up with. Shortly after I posted I practiced some more and its looking better.

Back