girls~ do you think brand is important?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
how you choose you handbag? do you guys think brand is important than the other issue?

for me, when i choose a bag, I always look at size first, that’s really a personal preference, I need a lot of space because I tend to dump things into my bag.

I love my [SIZE=10.5pt]hermes constance bags [/SIZE] .

This bag just make it so easy to bring my files. The fact that the file case is attached means that I have enough space in the other compartments for my wallets,etc. and I don't need to carry the files in my hand or in a separate case.

My sister just bought a Hermes bag this summer and LOVES it!  She got a really good deal on it....at first she was afraid to buy it because she thought it might me a knock-off....but when she found it was not...she jumped on it!  It is like the perfect size..the leather is amazing and it is sooooo cute, particularly for being fairly large in size (like you she has to carry a lot)....

I choose handbags when I go to outlet stores. There is this one outlet I LURVE in the neighboring state where you could get a Louis Vuitton bag for $25 dollars!!

I don't think brand handbags are everything, but they come in handy when you want to look professional and impressive (and rich!!).

Names are important when it comes to the quality of some things....but a good bargain hunter can find gems where one would least expect it! I don't rule anything out that I think is lovely just because it doesn't have a name brand....

Brands aren't important to me at all! My "expensive" brand is coach LOL... I'm a full time mommy and tend to throw a bunch of stuff in my purse... It use to be bottles and diapers, now its diapers, wipes toys, meds the list will go on... so as long as it's cute, my style and big enough to fit all of the things my kids want to throw my way then its all good...

For me, it's quality and trendiness over brands. It's not trendy to wear LV bags/brand names with flashy logos all over the bag. yuck.

If you are wearing brand name, it has to be very subtle, nothing obvious.

Brands are only important if it equates to quality. I have been using my Mary Kay makeup forever now and I know that everything I get will be good. Is it only because I care about the brand? No, but it's important for the quality.

*edited by mod*

Purse size is the most important to me. Where large bags are the style leader right now, it's difficult for me to find what I like. I have had three shoulder surgeries and, because most of my bags end up on my shoulder when I'm out, I have to have one that is small enough to carry things I desperately need (checkbook, plastic cards, pen, keys, mirror, two lipglosses, medicine), but not be so heavy it hurts to carry.

It takes lots of looking to find a name I like or know that is also small enough for my comfort. I have several Betsey Johnson bags, two Michael Kors, a Coach crossbody, a few Kate Spade knock offs, a Dooney & Burke, and several Kathy Van Zeland's. Although I know the names, and like the names, size still comes first.

And I don't hesitate to hit the thrift and consignment shops. I find them to be an awesome place to find a secret treasure!

Brand is only important in electronics... at least it is to me and maybe cosmetics.  I really don't care about brands in clothing or bags or shoes.  They are all pretty much made in the same factories regardless of what brand. 

TBH, I don't know anything about purse brands, but the size and material are what matters. I'm still searching for a classy+casual bag that's big enough for my stuff without being heavy and awkward. I think paying attention to brands is useful as a way to gauge if something will be crappy or not, but the name alone shouldn't make-or-brake your decision.

Although if I got hold of an expensive, well known brand of anything, it'd be fun to flaunt it.

For me brand is (mostly) not important, I have seen some very good looking cute no names and some really ugly high dollar branded ones. The problem for me with brand name items is that I like to change my purse frequently and don't take careful care of things so it would be expensive if I sought only labeled items. I am more likely to invest in a staple like a basic blacks and neutrals of boots, bags, trench coat etc that have a label. One I know I will rotate in and out over the years. The exception for me is juicy couture and ed hardy. I won't wear them even if they are given to me. Now my girlfriend comes from a very very VERY snotty wealthy family. She is the black sheep and rebelled: covered in tattoos and anti label to the extreme! Her family though will judge a person very quickly on what labels they are wearing (indication of money) and then on speech, table manners, and social connection (indication of breeding: i.e. new money vs old money) So if someone were trying to be a part of that social set, then yes it would matter.

Yes I thing brand are very important, brand include the symbol, design and name of the product. Brand name shows the quality of the product. Brand increase the popularity of product in the market.

I think brand name is important to a certain extent. I generally pick a bag buy color, style, design and quality.. if it doesn't fit in what i want no matter what brand then i'm not getting it! I currently have my second guess purse which happened to be the best purse in the store in my opinion. 50 bucks, what a steal!

Brand isn't important at all. I usually choose bags based on color. I don't like having just black bags; color variety and uniqueness is number one to me.

I prefer quality above all.  When I purchase a good leather purse I want a classic that will last me a while but still has to be stylish.  I will have a style or color in mind then the hunt is on.  I also like to find a small company to support or spy a vintage find. 

I buy what I like and what I think is cute. I like brand names, but I love my no name brands as well... It all depends on its purpose~

I buy handbags from Etsy a lot. I'm looking for style when I purchase and I like supporting independent artists over name brands. Here's a couple of bags I purchased in the last few years from there: 

I can't say enough positive things about this craftsmanship from Jacob's Eye in brooklyn. It's hand done, and I still use this bag a lot in day to day trips. It's huge and funky. I get a lot of compliments on it. 

This other bag I purchased is from someone who doesn't normally make bags at all, but it's been one of the most funky and sturdy that I have to date, from Katwise, also in BK

I want to get a bag from this chic, see my favorite options from her:

I guess what I realize is that I prefer to purchase handmade when possible over name brands. 
bunny3.gif

Latest posts

Back