Winter bumps??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My boyfriend has winter bumps all over his arms. He has had them since I've known him which has been 5yrs. He said he has had them for a very long time. He can actually pop them like pimples but they are really hard.

Can anyone please tell me what he can use to try to get these so called winter bumps off of his arms. If you ask me it looks like acne on his arms but red & no white heads just bumpy.

Sounds more like KP to me but i'm no expert. I'd say to exfoliate and moisturize very well. Try putting emu oil on the bumps and tell him to quit pickin' 'em. :icon_bigg

Thank you so much much!! I went online and checked out some pics of KP & that's just what he has. I will pick him up some emu oil and get him some lotions with aha and glycolic acid.

Thanks again:icon_smil

I would suggest a medicated scrub. Benefit makes one called Bionic Blast. It is a 2% salicylic acid scrub for ingrown hairs and body breakouts. Have him use it twice a week.

I've had this all my life. Went to a dermatologist when I was a teenager -- being a girl and concerned with the way the back of my arms looked, I was very upset -- get it on the front of my thighs, too. Doctor diagnosed it as hypofollicular keratinosis. (Hope I remember that right - it's been mucho years.) Doctor explained that it's dried plugs of keratin in the pores. The little plugs seem to work themselves out, which is when it's tempting to brush or pick at it. She recommended Alpha Keri oil in the bath and lots of lotion. Did help a lot, but back then, that was almost too expensive for me. Many years later, much experience, and with the acceptance and perspective that comes with time, I've found the very best fix is a good regular scrub with a sea salt exfoliant in a warm shower, followed by a nice oil - I prefer straight mineral oil to baby oil, it's a slight bit thicker and clings -- over top of still warm, damp skin. Straight Alpha Keri bath oil works great, but it's expensive, and really leaves you feeling slick and greasy. The mineral oil seems to soak in better as I get ready in the morning. The warm, damp skin seems to be key - locking in the moisture while the pores are open. Then more lotion over that as often as possible. Gradually, it smooths out, and with a bit of time, the appearance of the red spots eases also. Never just goes totally away though, and if you neglect the moisture, it will come roaring back. Good part? It's really harmless. Just looks yucky when it's bad. It's been a long time since I've let myself get so dry that there's anything to "pick," but I never did have any problem develop from having done a wee bit of it to brush it away. Guys do have a way of digging away at themselves worse than women I've known (thinking back on a few horrid, torn away cuticles I've seen on men). I certainly wouldn't go gouging away at it. Like anything else -- try to be gentle with oneself! Bottom line - there are WAY BIGGER problems a person can have in life! -K

hi, it does sound like kp. i went to school to be an esthetician and i use to get them when i was little (really bad). i also got them when i was pregnant, birth control pill and now the iud. you can try to exfoliate good. but you might have to see a dermatologist. or it could be hormones ( if you're on birth control). well good luck.

I am sorry about your boyfriend,...

but i just use aveeno if i get red on my skin and fast gone,..

that work well,..and cheaps,..

but if your boyfriend have bump

in verry hard to find good one for medicine i just can help you to

find this site ,.

http://www.eczemamiracle.com/

or email [email protected]

hope this can help you

suryani shinta

Latest posts

Back