Botoxed brow lift.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am relatively new here (only a few posts so far). Anyway, today I did 3gs of botox on each outer eyebrow (brow lift), and was wondering if anyone else has done the brow lift, and if so, how did you like your results? I am told that I won't see results for at least 4 days, so I am anxious.

I am 38 yrs old, and really don't have many wrinkles, but I have noticed lately that my eyelids are starting to lose their tightness,and decided to try a botox brow lift to improve it.  ((  (

My husband says that he can't see it, but you know how it is, we are our own worst critics.

Also, what have you all found that works for those beginning crows feet and under eye crinkles? I am just now entering that neverending battle with gravity, and want to know what you all have tried that proved successful. 

(photo included to clarify)

I´m 27 so I have no experience with botox (yet lol). You already look great, I hope you get the results you were looking for once the true effect of the injections show!

I hear that wrinkles under the eyes are hard to treat, but crows feet respond well to botox since they are mostly caused by facial expressions like squinting etc. A lot of celebrities have too much Botox injected or have it done too often, and as a result they are left with almost no crows feet at all, which can look kind of odd when you´re 50 lol. But since you said you have only beginning crows feet I wouldn´t even go as far as starting Botox there yet.

I would definitely start using prescription Retin-A or Renova to help build collagen (you can use it all the way up to your lower lashline, mixed with eye cream if needed - that´s what I do), or a great over the counter retinoid if you absolutely can´t tolerate tretinoin. And always wearing shades when you´re in direct sunlight will keep the squinting to a minimum, which the skin around your eyes will love!

I hear that wrinkles under the eyes are hard to treat, but crows feet respond well to botox since they are mostly caused by facial expressions like squinting etc. A lot of celebrities have too much Botox injected or have it done too often, and as a result they are left with almost no crows feet at all, which can look kind of odd when you´re 50 lol. But since you said you have only beginning crows feet I wouldn´t even go as far as starting Botox there yet.

I would definitely start using prescription Retin-A or Renova to help build collagen (you can use it all the way up to your lower lashline, mixed with eye cream if needed - that´s what I do), or a great over the counter retinoid if you absolutely can´t tolerate tretinoin. And always wearing shades when you´re in direct sunlight will keep the squinting to a minimum, which the skin around your eyes will love! 
Already started the retin-A, and i hope that works. I am going to try some chemical peels too.

I don't want to botox my crows feet just yet. I am afraid that it will make the lines under the eye appear worse. Right now, if I can lift my eyebrows just a tad, I will be happy. I feel fairly confident in the retin and the chemical peels. If that doesn't work, I may try fraxel lasering around the eye. I believe it's what they call a Madonna eye lift.

Right now I am 3 days out from my botox, and I see a very small amount of lift, slightly more in the right eye than the left. It's only noticable to me. I only let them botox the outer brow just to see if I am going to get good results. I can always go back in and let them inject the inner brow area, if i need it. And i probably will need it. Hopefully my eyebrows will end up exactly where I want them.
w00t.gif

Originally Posted by rakin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Already started the retin-A, and i hope that works. I am going to try some chemical peels too.

I don't want to botox my crows feet just yet. I am afraid that it will make the lines under the eye appear worse. Right now, if I can lift my eyebrows just a tad, I will be happy. I feel fairly confident in the retin and the chemical peels. If that doesn't work, I may try fraxel lasering around the eye. I believe it's what they call a Madonna eye lift.

Right now I am 3 days out from my botox, and I see a very small amount of lift, slightly more in the right eye than the left. It's only noticable to me. I only let them botox the outer brow just to see if I am going to get good results. I can always go back in and let them inject the inner brow area, if i need it. And i probably will need it. Hopefully my eyebrows will end up exactly where I want them.
w00t.gif
I don´t know if you have any unevenness in your skintone, but correcting that (with Retin-A, chemical peels or lasers or a combination of those 3) can have almost equal effects to wrinkle treatments in terms of looking younger.

But it sounds like you have a good plan. It´s probably best to start out slow with procedures like that, to get continous small improvements that won´t be noticed by anyone else because it´s a small step at the time.

Yeah full effects can take anywhere between a few days to a week to appear. If you only got one injection though it may take more. I just read this from a doctor's Botox page:

"The number of injections depends on your facial features and the extent of your wrinkles, among other factors. Crow's-feet, for example, might require 2 to 3 injections, while furrows above your brow could take 5 or more."

Back