What is the Best Maybelline Product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm fairly inexperienced with maybelline products. I've tried their XXL mascara and foundation about 6 years ago, it wasn't striking, the mascara did practically nothing and the foundation broke me out.

Recently I received a maybelline voucher, I decided... why not. I just need some suggestions/recommendations so I can start on the "right" foot with Maybelline this time.

Thanks in advance!

I really like their Color Sensational lipsticks and the Eye Studio quads. The One by One mascara is good, but you have to let the formula "dry up" a bit. When I first opened it, it was a little too wet to work with. When I came back to it a week or two later, it was the perfect consistency.

I like their mascaras and eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are nice and silky, but don't layer too much on or otherwise they crease. Don't use their concealer. It fails in covering up my acne on certain spots. I've never tried their foundation or other face powdery stuff, but they have really nice lipsticks. Their mascaras are nice because many give great length and volume. Um, what else....eyeliner! It's average to me. That's what I know - but you can have diff opinions on their stuff.

P.S. One by One FTW!!!

Their gel eyeliner (Eye Studio Lasting Drama) is one of the best drugstore eyeliners, and also the Dream Mousse blushes are pretty good. Stay away from the MNY eyeshadows(unless you like very sheer coverage eyeshadows).

Maybelline One by One mascara is to die for. I love it. Now I'm  using Falsies which is my go to mascara I love it. I'm dying to try eye studio retractable liner

Always been a fan of their mascaras and lipsticks. I like One-by-One mascara and Color Sensational lipsticks.

I don't use Maybelline anymore because they still test on animals, sadly.   I did use their XXL Mascara, but I was allergic to it...  Overall, not much good to say about this company, although I constantly think, "That's so pretty!"

Great Lash Clear as brow gel. Full n Soft, Very Black mascara (non-WP.) Define-a-Brow pencils. Both discontinued, but Color Sensation lipstick in Pink Please (though it smells and tastes rank) & Dream Mousse concealer. FIT Me foundation is okay, but has absolutely zero lasting power.

Maybelline has come far over the years. My favorite products in order of preference are: 1. Superstay 24 Lip Color (absolutey love--have 8 diff shades) 2. Eye Studio Color Explosion (new product, only a few pallets but great colors & stay power) 3. Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - great all day wear with no running or fading 4. Volum' Express One-by-One Waterproof Mascara - great comb separates the lashes giving them a super full look without any flaking or smudging 5. ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quads - great collection of colors with easy to follow instructions for runway looking eyes. Great wear power too! Hope this gives you some ideas!!!

their mascaras!!!!!  I'm kinda liking the gel liner too.  I just got it today.  I also got the liner stiletto or whatever its called a couple weeks ago because it dries shiny and I hate it unfortunately .   When I use my eyelash curler while the liner is on it sticks to the curler and pulls off :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like their mascaras. I'm dying to try their gel-eyeliner too; I've heard it's really good.

I need to test it out maybelline vs loreal hip vs elf vs wet n wild vs mac vs physicians formula haha

I hear a lot of stuff about falsies mascara but I myself has never used it. I like eye studio color eyeshadows and define a brow eyebrow pencil! I do like some of their mascaras too especially lash discovery. It has a mini brush and you can get every single eyelash! 

Back