Best eye make-up remover?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for something that doesn't burn, but is strong enough to get everything off without having to scrub. Actually, I would love something creamy that just sits there for a bit and then wisks everything away with a cotton ball.

I am currently using neutrogena eye make-up pads, but they are no match for my eyeliner or the shimmery eyeshadow that I prefer. I used to use jergens lotion, but that burns like heck! And since I have become so aware of my eye skin (every since I looked in the mirror and saw a few little crows feet, eek!), I am trying hard to not stretch the eye area. So, I need a different eye make-up remover bad!

Also, if anyone knows of a good eyeliner that is creamy, flows on easily, and removes easily without ending up smudged all under my eye, I would appreciate that, too. I just bought the Urban Decay to try, but haven't gotten around to that yet. I am hoping that it will come off easier than my old liner.  Thereby reducing scrubbage.

Have you tried olive oil? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's what I use when I'm wearing a lot of eye make-up. Most make-up removers just soak(I can't think of a better word:) ) the make-up, so you still need to rub the make-up off, while olive oil breaks off the particles in it, wich means you're just left with some oil to softly remove. I hope this makes sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />).

So you just softly dab the oil into your skin, wait for a couple of seconds (with your eyes closed, it's still oil!) and then gently clean it off. I usualy use my normal make-up remover after just to remove the grease. This is a great way to remove heavy make-up without harming your skin, and it shouldn't irritate it either.

I absolutely love Lumene's eye makeup remover. It's oil free, even though you have to shake it before using. I wear waterproof mascara AND eyeliner and it takes it ALL off without tugging or pulling. I also wear contacts and it doesn't burn or irritate my eyes at all. I too tried the Neutogena and was not impressed. Lumene's runs about $5.99 a bottle at CVS. My favorite "stay all day" eyeliner is NYC Waterproof Pencil. You sharpen it yourself so you can get a nice crisp line on the top or a smudged look as well. I've tried a few pencils... Heaven knows! I like that one the best for convenience. If I have the time, I also like Maybelline's Studio Line Gel Liner. Again great stay power and easy to create different looks. You just have to use a brush and take your time to get the look you want. I like it for upper lids and evening looks. Good luck, let us know what you find!!

Removing eye makeups are simply a risky work instead of using chemicals you should learn to use any remover and natural tricks but most of experts are using Vaseline to their makeups but apart these always try to use reputed brands of remover for removing eye makeups.

I've tried Love & Toasts facial cleanser, loved it since it was creamy and didn't burn my eyes when I went to use it to remove my eyeliner and mascara. Unfortunately it seems as if it's part of the Happiness Kit only as I do not see it on their website.

I LOVE neutrogena makeup remover.  It gets even wp mascara off.   My fave eyeliner atm if ELF cream liner or maybelling gel liner.

Im using MAC's Cleanse Off Oil and I got those little sample bottles at the counter. One drop per each eye is enough to remove everything esp those no budge eyeliners etc. Shu leaves a residue and I usually followup still.

I agree with GoddessofWar -- The Balm, Balms Away, is the best product to remove eye makeup! I had so much trouble getting cake and eye liner off, and was scrubbing my eye lids raw with baby wipes and toner, before I discovered it. And it does last forever -- I still have mine two years later and I use it a lot! Little goes a long way!

xoxo, christina

Admissions/Studio Director

Chic Studios NYC

Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion is really good, and cheap.  They frequently have it on sale for $1.99.     Also, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliners are AMAZING.   A bit pricey, though.

Bioderma Sensibio/Crealine H20 Micelle Solution. As for the liners: Bobbi Brown Gels & MAC Fluidlines, Prestige Total Intensity liners & MUFE AquaEyes for pencils.

Hi Everyone! Just signed up to makeuptalk! I can't wait to meet everyone. 

I feel like a big dumb dumb :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've used eye makeup remover like lancome, clinque etc.. so many and I thought they all suck. The only one I have been using and liked is shu uemura. I love that stuff but it's not travel friendly.. Now, that i'm on vacation I had to bring other eye makeup removies and I've finally found out that you have to place the cotton ball for a few seconds they it all completely wipes off.. 

oops! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

As far as eyeliner goes I love urban decay 24/7 and tarte emphasize eyes!! 

I'm currently using Bobbi Brown cleansing oil and use it for my entire face. It takes off makeup very simply and easily including eye mascara which simply melts and washes away with no residue.

@Jaylee - welcome!

I use vaseline to remove my eye makeup when I have a lot on. If its just eyeliner I use WnW eye make up remover. My favorite eyeliner is L'Oreal extra intense liquid pencil. It glides on great and it usually lasts me all day.

Olive oil or 50% jojoba/25% castor/25% sweet almond oil.  It'll remove anything and everything. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Olive oil or 50% jojoba/25% castor/25% sweet almond oil.  It'll remove anything and everything. 

Just what she said !

I second Lumene eye makeup remover. It's gentle yet very effective. Another favorite of mine is Christian Dior eye makeup remover.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love Lumene's eye makeup remover. It's oil free, even though you have to shake it before using. I wear waterproof mascara AND eyeliner and it takes it ALL off without tugging or pulling. I also wear contacts and it doesn't burn or irritate my eyes at all. I too tried the Neutogena and was not impressed. Lumene's runs about $5.99 a bottle at CVS.

My favorite "stay all day" eyeliner is NYC Waterproof Pencil. You sharpen it yourself so you can get a nice crisp line on the top or a smudged look as well. I've tried a few pencils... Heaven knows! I like that one the best for convenience. If I have the time, I also like Maybelline's Studio Line Gel Liner. Again great stay power and easy to create different looks. You just have to use a brush and take your time to get the look you want. I like it for upper lids and evening looks.

Good luck, let us know what you find!!

I use Mary Kay oil free makeup remover.  It works great with sensitive eyes, contact wears, which I am.  It gets off most eye makeup.  If I am wearing waterproof mascara, I would have to go over twice, but it gets everything off nonetheless.  

As far as cream eyeliners I like MAC Fluidline or Wet -n- Wild cream eyeliner. 

I adore Shu Uemura cleansing oil, takes of even the most stuburn mascara and water proof makeup.

I f you are looking for just an eye makeup remover try Lancome's bi-facil

Latest posts

Back