NYX lipsticks and eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are they like? How do they go on? stay on?

I keep seeing the name about so I had a nose on their UK store and the prices seem pretty reasonable. I'm usually a MAC fiend so how does NYX compare to MAC? 

I've never tried thier lipstick but I have a bunch of eyeshadows.  They're ok imo.  I honestly prefer wet n wild

I don't have any of their palettes or trios or anything, but I do have quite a few of their singles and I do find them quite nice. Their eyeshadows to me are very nice quality for their price and do come in a wide range of colors. Some are better than others, though, so you have to see what's out there. I have a few of their lipsticks, too, and I think they're pretty good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been wanting a nude matte finish lipstick for ages and I saw that they do them, not sure if I should get it of not?

i love their lipsticks! i have both round label, black label and diamond sparkle as well as the soft matte lip creme aaaand matte lipsticks!

round label - great for the price, go on very smooth. lasting time is not too great IMO, unless you don't eat/drink/smoke. then they should stay on for a while. i drink a lot though (water!!!!) and they seem to come off quickly.

round label, matte lipstick & diamond sparkle - a bit more expensive, but not significantly more than i.e. revlon lippies. stay on your lips for quite a few hours!

soft matte lip creme - love how it feels & looks on my lips but the staying power is "meh", similar to the round lippies.

eye shadow - i just got one of their trios and didn't try it yet per se, but they're soft and blendable.

hope this helped a bit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

one thing about their lipsticks, don't trust the swatches online and look for swatches on blogs. they can be WAY off from the actual color of the lipstick.

I love NYX lipsticks && shadows they are pretty amazing in the prices are mucho great haha

If you are wanting to try out a nude I <3 Circe it is almost identical to MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2!!! I have both and wear them equally xD

Originally Posted by alicia denny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love NYX lipsticks && shadows they are pretty amazing in the prices are mucho great haha

If you are wanting to try out a nude I <3 Circe it is almost identical to MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2!!! I have both and wear them equally xD

im actually wearing NYX hot pink in the pic haha

I really like the NYX line when it comes to brushes, shadows, and lip products. The shadows whether in multi palette form, trios or singles offer great color and coverage. I can honestly say that I haven't had any issues of chalky, or dull pigmentation. The lip glosses (round or diamond) are nice and not too sticky (i don't mind sticky though). The lip colors I own are beautiful and are opaque offering the best in coverage. I also like the choice in hues and they are very wearable. Like any cosmetic brand/company there are glitches w/ some items but for the most part they offer a nice line at a reasonable price. Oh i failed to mention i do like their lip/eye pencils, and their jumbo pencils for lips and eyes.

NYX is definitely a line I'd suggest to anyone especially someone who's new to their products or new to makeup period.

Matte Brown, Iced Mocha & Black eyeshadow singles are must-haves. The Trios are hit & miss. Haven't tried the lipsticks, but the lipliners are excellent quality.

Bought Circe and Summer Love! will let you know how they are! (got them off ebay as the two were £8 inc P&P, where as they would have been £17 inc P&P from their UK site)

Blogged about it but I though I'd share here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did a bit of an ebay search and found some of their round lipsticks for £3.25 with 75p postage, so I bought 2! and they refunded me half the postage! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sallys-Cosmetics

Circa left, Summer Love Right.

Circa left, Summer Love Right.

They look a lil brown in this pic, they are a teeny bit peachier in real life. I kinda wish I'd got the matte one as I'd been tempted by the price on these, but they definitely need a lip liner of base coat underneath if you have naturally reddish lips like mine. I'll do a make up look with them some point this weekend and show them off.

I have quite a bit of NYX, eyeshadows and lipsticks and I like them very much. They would be like the d/s equivalent to MAC. There are a lot of MAC/NYX dupe eyeshadows and I really like their lipsticks. They're very creamy.

I have some NYX eyeshadows and I think they're a hit and miss. Although I have noticed that the less pigmented, and chalkier ones, are the matte colors. I have about 4 palettes and I'm really happy with them, great pigmentation. I LOVVEEEEE their lipsticks, lipglosses, and soft matte lip screams. Not to mention the awesome color ranges.

Latest posts

Back