Lash Serum

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello friends, cosmetics lovers, meaningful-beauty-review seekers!

You are about to embark upon a brow & lash strengthening expedition with me.  We all want long for healthy, thick lashes. Some of us long for the day that we dont have to pencil in our brows (points at self).  We waited and waited, then suddenly, BOOM!  The industry caught on and soon flooded the markets with products that promised true growth.  

Now we are faced with a paralysis of options.  I have tried a few better known brands that didn't pan out so well and lesser known brands that had similar results (but I wont name names. After all, a girl doesn't kiss and tell). There is a wide variety to choose from out there.  How do you narrow down the options? 

We look for what is important to us.  For me, I look to companies Lashem.  Lashem is a MakeupTalk Sponsor because we at MakeupTalk believe in the same philosophies.  They have products that are clinically tested, are paraben free and certified cruelty free. 

Lashem has kindly provided me a sample of their Mesurable Difference Lash Gel- Eyelash Boosting Serum, and asked me to put them to the test.  I will be using their product over the course of the next couple weeks and report back to you on results!

Feel free to ask questions along the way. This is an interactive experience. 

MY LASH TYPE:

• Stick Straight (I use a curler)
  • brittle
  • Fall out from over curling
  • Naturally dark
  • Medium length

This is Day 1:  All I am wearing is Lashem's Double Trouble Mascara and Measurable Difference Lash Gel.  

By the end I am hoping to look as awesome as the ladies in this video!

Cheers!

Chris

Hi DreamWarrior,

I am going to try to post pictures daily.  I am at a trades show for work right now, so things are getting done at add times. I am uploading a close of photo of my eye and brow. 

This is a naked photo. All I have on is the gel serum.  You are supposed to wear the gel serum over night on a clean face.  And yes, I will provide close ups, even at my own detriment.  lol.   The photo below shows my straight lashes and my thin brows.  I am the type of girl who does pluck.  There is nothing to pluck.  So I have my fingers grossed. I really could use a little more brow. Thanks for checking in!

Lashem Day 5:
My thoughts on Lashem Measurable Difference Eye Gel and Double Trouble Mascara

1. Its a really easy beauty regimen!  I took this with me to a trade show this weekend. In all the hustle and bustle of working and prepping my appearance to meet with others, this was my easiest regimen by far. At the end of the day I wash my face and quickly put on a few swipes of Lahsem Eye Gel across my lids and my brows. Done!
  2. It does not sting. REALLY.  I have sensitive...well, everything...but my eyes are very sensitive.  Its so bad that my contacts are only whipped out for special occasions and can be worn 8 hours max. I have tried other lash serums and every time, it burned if I got it in my eye.  I had to be extremely careful with other products, but not with Lashem. I accidentally got some serum in my eye. There was no stinging pain, no itching, no weird burning.  Amazing. Lets face it, even the makeup pros are going to get liner, mascara, growth serum in their eye from time to time. Its the casualty of beauty.  This time, however pain is NOT beauty.
  3. The Double Trouble Mascara is very light weight. I am used to wax based mascaras to hold my manually curled lashes in place. I was pleasantly surprised to try something so light weight. My favoriet side is the lengthening side. You can use the lengthening or volume side interchangeably or together. I do one at a time so that it will be even more dramatic when I wear both.
  4. Plus, I love the chrome looking casing!

I like the chrome casing as well ^^

From what you wrote it seems like a really nice mascara-lash-serum-thing!

I've tried a few lash serums in the past. It will take at least a few weeks (2-4) before you really see any difference worth more than a "maybe? maybe not?"...and then as the last of your "virgin lashes" make their way through their life cycle, and you start growing lashes that are boosted from the very beginning, you'll usually get more of a remarkable "no questions asked, this stuff worked" (if it works) response about 5-6 weeks in. The ones that work pretty much work the same way, which is why you usually see "100% show results" and "4-6 weeks to see improvement" -- as long as it's an actual growth serum, and not just a conditioner (conditioners just help improve the condition of the lashes -- not really change them. it's more like taking multi-vitamins, than affecting their growth) A lash is in 'growth phase' for about 4-6 weeks, then it's dormant until it falls out. on average, 40% of your lashes are "growing" while the other 60% are "dormant" The way that the serums (that work) work, is that they increase the length of time that your eye lashes are in the "growth phase" (thus both increasing the number of lashes that are growing at any point in time, AND increasing the physical length of the lashes by the time they go dormant) and they usually also have conditioners, so they resist falling out a bit longer, again increasing the number of lashes you have overall. What I learned is you get your best results once all of your lashes are those that were born while already under the benefits of the serum and once all your virgin lashes have grown up and fallen out. Good luck to you on this serum, but don't fret if you can't really tell a difference for another month! All your lashes now are still pretty much virgin lashes so you need to wait until the next batch is grown before you'll really see it.

Day 11
There is still more time involved in this journey.  We are not quite there yet.  As Annelle has pointed out, it typically takes longer than 2 weeks to see improvement. In most cases better growth is seen in 5-6 weeks.  

Here is my measurable difference so far:

1. My lashes are not as brittle- which is wonderful. I curl my lashes on a regular basis and I never get the recommended amount of water in.  This serum helps with those harsh habits. 
  2. Less lashes are falling out from my excessive eyelash curling.

I'm going to keep on truckin' 

Stay tuned...

Hi Everyone,

I have had two weeks of use with the Lashem product.  I love that UNLIKE several other products on the market, this one is cruelty free and is still gentle on the skin and lashes.  I am a sensitive girl.  My mother always called me the Princess and the Pea.  If something was too perfumed or dyed my skin or body reacted.  This product was very kind to my sensitive skin and eyes. Within a short time I have been able to see positive changes to my lashes and some slight benefit to my brows. 

Here is the summary:

The Lashes

• My Lashes are less brittle, moisturized, and longer.  See the "now and then" results below.
The Brows

• My brows have not grown as quickly as the lashes, but I have seen some growth outside of my brow line. Normally, I never have to pluck my eyebrows, so this was proof enough that it its working. I plan to continue use of the product for the sake of my brows. After my experience with the lashes, I have faith that I will see results within the month. 

Now 

And Then....

Let me know if you have questions!

I would be interested in before and after shots that are taken from the same angle and both without any eye make up, is that possible?

Hi Firefox, 

I will try to get that done tonight. Its hard to get exactly the same angle because I am taking it with the camera on my phone and it's not an iPhone, so its a lot of as to where my eye is. I took several off centered shots before I got the perfect one of just my eye and brow. 

I'll try to post tomorrow morning. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks, 

Chris

Whoa, your lashes look amazing! Can't wait to see the before and after shots. Do you think you'll keep using Lashem?

Hi Everyone, 

Here are some photos I took on my Droid last night:

Before:                                          After    and 
   and    

And one more after shot   

The images where I look like I have color were taken in a different room, different lighting. The last image was taken in the same place as the original. I wish I could get the same shot on my own, but I am taking these photos of myself with my camera phone. You can see in the last one that my brows are less sparse and my lashes are thicker. I was not wearing any makeup in any of these photos (unfortunately for me and my viewers).  

Jane, yes I will continue using Lashem.  Lashem says that I will start seeing better results with continued use. I am constantly curling my straight lashes. As a result, I get lots of lashes falling out. This product has conditioned my brittle lashes and given me fuller lashes. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Chris

It looks like it is really starting to work for sure! I am thinking that it might be something I would try. I don't curl my lashes too often at all and I don't really have problem lashes at all but I don't think they are as full as they used to be. One of those problems that happens with age I guess lol... looks good tho!

So.. Basically you apply lash serum for 4-6 weeks, only to have the results last for about the same amount of time? And then once that's over, your lashes are back to your DNA-given default? Unless you apply it consistently every day of your life? 

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lash is in 'growth phase' for about 4-6 weeks, then it's dormant until it falls out. on average, 40% of your lashes are "growing" while the other 60% are "dormant"
@Chris, did you happen to have a before shot with your eyes closed? It's a little hard to tell in your before photo because your lashes are uncurled and your eyes are open, but in your after photos you have your eyes closed, or your eyes curled/with mascara. Thanks!

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So.. Basically you apply lash serum for 4-6 weeks, only to have the results last for about the same amount of time? And then once that's over, your lashes are back to your DNA-given default? Unless you apply it consistently every day of your life? 

Yes, that is how it works.  Kind of like dying your hair.  You might use a permanent hair dye, but after your hair grows out and gets trimmed off, and your natural hair begins to show again, it's going to revert back to whatever color your DNA says your hair should be, not whatever color you dyed it a month or two ago.

Some products you can drop down to once or twice a week application after two or three months: there are a lot of girls doing this with bimatoprost formulations (not naming products out of courtesy to the OP's company).

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's true, lol but at least with hair dye, you do it once for about an hour and then you're set for the whole month. It just seems like a lot of effort/cost for relatively effervescent results, since I don't think I would be diligent enough to apply it every single night of my life, and there's bound to be some point where you'd develop some tolerance to its effects. but it's definitely fun to try new products! maybe I'll give Lashem a try, it seems like a good company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, that is how it works.  Kind of like dying your hair.  You might use a permanent hair dye, but after your hair grows out and gets trimmed off, and your natural hair begins to show again, it's going to revert back to whatever color your DNA says your hair should be, not whatever color you dyed it a month or two ago.

Latest posts

Back