what y'all gonna be for halloween this year? :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
alright... so it's not THAT far away anymore and i'm still not sure. i wanted to do my own sally jupiter costume this year, but not having money and/or a sewing machine.. i probably end up buying something. le sigh.

what are you all going to be? any ideas yet?

i also have to come up with a less "sexy" costume for my new job, and i'm considering going as debby harry or cindy lauper (cause that's easy and i have a wig i could cut up). or re-use my last year's supergirl costume.

post pictures toooo please! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't post any pics, but my friends and I came up with these for something fun:

Barbie Dolls

Cheerleaders (we are cheerleaders, so we had the uniforms)

Lunchlady

Wear something random, and hang a sign around your neck that says, "Couldn't Decide"

Mermaid (juicystar07 has a makeup and hair tutorial on youtube for this)

Snooki (juicystar07 has a hair and makeup tutorial for this one too)

I hope this helps! Let me know what you decide on!

Well initally I was going to be Harley Quinn from the Batman comics with my bf as the Joker, I posted pics here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/120814/qotd-september-22-2011-what-are-you-going-to-be-for-halloween#post_1797255

But now I'm leaning more towards doing something simpler because we aren't going out like we initially thought we would be. I may just paint my face up like something fun and pass out candy. But next year we are all ready planning a "heroes and villians" party and I'm going to either spend the next year peicing together a Harley Quinn/Joker costume or Rogue and Gambit (from the X-Men comics). I'm leaning towards the last two as I'd rather be heroes and they are absolutely my favorite comics character since I was like 8. So those will look like this:

Anyways, In my opinion comics have some of the best options for halloween. And if your a nerd (like me! lol) you can always keep your costume and Cosplay it. (I admit.... I'm totally gonna)

I have no idea...I see all kinds of cute costumes, but some are so expensive to buy and I don't want to spend $50-$60 on a Halloween costume. Does anyone have any ideas on costumes that are easy to make or where I can buy one inexpensively?

I'm going to be the crazy cat lady :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any ideas where I can find a bunch of small plush cats to safety pin to a robe? I was thinking the thrift store or something.

Love the Barbie doll idea! I think I'll try that next year!

Every once in a while, my identical twin sister and I do a costume combo -- this year, she's going as an angel, while I am a dark angel. lol. We may change it up and do swan lake/black swan, since it's practically the same idea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xoxo, christina

Chic Studios NYC

Wicked Witch of the EAST. Pre-death. I'm planning on finding stripped stockings, glitter spraying a pair of shoes red and then finishing with a dress and witch hat! And since you never actually see her face, I'm definitely not painting it green, haha.

Oh boy. I am a freak when it comes to Halloween as it's my favourite time of the year!!! I get to be in character, and I love dressing up.

I may be wearing two outfits, one is new for this year.. and another I may be recycling from last year....

This year, I really want to be a Satanic Follower. I am wearing these boots that I got... they are just over the knee... I was thinking of sexing them up....they can be worn both in a classy way and a sexy way... lol

I also purchased creepy jewelry - skulls, inverted crosses, pentagrams, etc.

Last year I was a bride.. and I was wearing a corset type of thing. I may or may not recycle it for this year!

This was some of my inspiration

and this is what I got! PURE EVIL!!!

Just ordered my daughters dress:

And my shoes:

Im going wig shopping tonight (red for my daughter and hot pink for me).

I already picked up a green 3/4 sleeve shirt from JCPenny ($8.99) and an ugly satin dress for $9.00 from the dress department in JCPenny.

Im just missing the purple bolero sweater and green/white strip stockings.

My inspiration:

I was looking up ideas earlier for a DIY type Halloween costumes and kind of like either a Deal or No Deal girl with briefcase OR Vanna White with a letter on a white piece of paper attached to cardboard.

looks like any tight dress is the outfit and a metal briefcase with a number on it.  Vanna would be even easier - blonde wig and an evening dress and a cardboard with a letter on it. 

Originally Posted by Minnesnowtagurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking up ideas earlier for a DIY type Halloween costumes and kind of like either a Deal or No Deal girl with briefcase OR Vanna White with a letter on a white piece of paper attached to cardboard.

Is there a size requirement to be a briefcase girl?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

looks like any tight dress is the outfit and a metal briefcase with a number on it.  Vanna would be even easier - blonde wig and an evening dress and a cardboard with a letter on it. 

I was planning on going out downtown with some of my girlfriends for halloween and dressing up Steampunk, but since getting pregnant I dont think I will be going out now.

I was hoping to at least go to a haunted house but my fiance doesnt want anyone jumping out and scaring me while I am with baby.

My cousin is having his Jack & Jill halloween costume party on the 28th, and my fiance wanted to go as a doctor and nurse, but seeing as I am about 3 months pregnant I wont be attending that either.

Next year will be great though! I will have a little one to dress up! I can't wait!

I am thinking about Daphne from Scooby Doo. I would like to get my makeup done for Halloween though.  Where can I get this done thats not going to cost alot?

Originally Posted by Minnesnowtagurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is such a great idea! So simple yet everyone will know exactly where you're coming from. Very cool.

'Eh, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've got ideas...probably prince poppycock.

Back