Online Lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know any trusted places online to buy organic lipstick?  I don't live near a "mall" if you will and I am kinda new to the internet (my son has taught me a lot) but I am so nervous about buying anything online, much less makeup.  

I found this great place and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a store online?  One that is trustworthy and has a good product?

I'm so nervous about giving my credit card out.

Thanks for the help,

Texas Jayde

Thank you Z.  I wish they had more colors than just the two.  Maybe I can find a way to a Macy's in the next few weeks.

My doctors tell me that I should stay away from makeup with glutens in it because of my Diabetes.  Has anyone ever heard of such a thing??!!

Originally Posted by jaydeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you Z.  I wish they had more colors than just the two.  Maybe I can find a way to a Macy's in the next few weeks.

My doctors tell me that I should stay away from makeup with glutens in it because of my Diabetes.  Has anyone ever heard of such a thing??!!
Gluten comes from wheat, barley and rye which you won't typically find in any lipstick or any other makeup. Powders may contain kaolin, rice (which is not gluten) or talc but again not wheat, barley or rye. Weird that a doctor would tell you otherwise.

Well avoiding gluten isn't a bad thing as it makes your belly bloat anyway, but to link it directly to diabetes, i've never heard of it. Avoiding white bread would make more sense.

Back to the subject :

That brand is relatively new in my country so i haven't tried it.

I have a Sante lipstick though, and it rocks !

I have found this website : naturaleurope

I thought it was odd too.  He didn't really like speak about makeup directly, but more indirectly said "stay gluten free, food, diet, makeup etc...." 

I know so many diabetic women and makeup is a non-issue as makeup typically does not contain ingredients that would affect the sugar levels.

Hi Jaydeh,

I recommend this online store to all who ask.  I've been hooked on them for a few months now and have never had a problem.  It is calistacosmetics.com .  They are dedicated to all natural makeup and have Gluten Free products as well.  When you are ready to pay with your credit card at checkout, they send you through a system called "Paypal".  I'm not sure if your familiar with this but it is a secure way to pay and they protect you if something goes wrong.  That's part of the reason I felt confident in using them for the first time.  Also, my Mom had bought from them before I did and never had a problem, so they came recommended.  Hope this helps.

Reporting back.

I continued my research.  I found a place on line that is all about gluten free makeup.  A young lady called glutenfreemakeupgal.com.

I got over my fear of ordering online and finally decided to order one or two lipsticks from a couple of companies recommended.

I purchased a L. Brook Lip Colour Chianti and a Red Apple Lipstick in Ruby Slippers.  I could not find the Nvey.

Both arrived.  The L Brook was very disappointing.  It was only $10.

The Red Apple Lipstick on the other hand is very good.

I also spoke with my doctor further on the issue and he told my I was border celiac AND i have diabetes?  I am still doing research on this but from what he told me, it fits. From what I understand, the heightened sensitivity to gluten can give someone like me some pretty bad farts and what not.

I am not too keen on this web stuff but I would like to be, so I am going to attempt to make a couple of those pretty blue clickers.

http://www.laurenbrookecosmetiques.com/store-products-LC-100-Lip-Colour_1097410601.html

That is the L Brooks I told you about.

http://www.redapplelipstick.com/ruby-slippers-lipstick-by-red-apple.html

that is the Red Apple I told you about.  It is more expensive, but not by much. 

and 

http://glutenfreemakeupgal.com/

I am happy I found this are again!  Thanks for the email reminders otherwise I would have never found it again.  My son thinks I am silly for not understanding this.  He says "it's a forum mom!" with that little SHEESH tone.  Like I am supposed to know.

If I find out any more to report, I sure will!

Miss Retired Jayde.

Back